Windsor Castle's round tower opens after four decades
Windsor Castle's world-famous round tower has been reopened to the public today for the first time in almost four decades.
Visitors to the landmark, which has dominated the Berkshire skyline for more than 800 years, will be able to walk up its 200 steps to the top of the structure.
The building was underpinned to prevent subsidence and later converted into office space for the Royal Archives.
The tower is part of a complex of buildings that make up the historic Windsor Castle site....
comments powered by Disqus
- German Historian: Rich Greeks Evade Taxes Since 1830
- UK teaching "invented" history as EU propaganda, says Cambridge professor
- The move accelerates to show that black people have a history
- Eric Foner says he insisted on his MOOC on the Civil War being free
- Ellen Schrecker backs “National Adjunct Walkout Day” as a brilliant tactic