Fierce Battle of Harlaw of 1411 rememberedBreaking News
The 600th anniversary of a famous Aberdeenshire battle has been remembered.
The Battle of Harlaw was a clash between Scottish clans which was fought on 24 July, 1411, just north of Inverurie.
Hundreds of men died in the fierce combat.
A service was held at the Kirk of St Nicholas in Aberdeen before wreaths were laid at the Battle of Harlaw monument at Chapel of Garioch.
The Lord Provost of Aberdeen, Peter Stephen, and the Provost of Aberdeenshire, Bill Howatson, were joined by representatives from clans involved in the battle...
comments powered by Disqus
- Children should be taught about suffering under the British Empire, Jeremy Corbyn says
- Collateral damage: A brief history of U.S. mistakes at war
- East Germany's secrets are slowly being revealed
- William Buckley's FBI files released
- Graphic of the Week: Browse An Archive of 170,000 Depression-Era Photos