Fierce Battle of Harlaw of 1411 rememberedBreaking News
The 600th anniversary of a famous Aberdeenshire battle has been remembered.
The Battle of Harlaw was a clash between Scottish clans which was fought on 24 July, 1411, just north of Inverurie.
Hundreds of men died in the fierce combat.
A service was held at the Kirk of St Nicholas in Aberdeen before wreaths were laid at the Battle of Harlaw monument at Chapel of Garioch.
The Lord Provost of Aberdeen, Peter Stephen, and the Provost of Aberdeenshire, Bill Howatson, were joined by representatives from clans involved in the battle...
comments powered by Disqus
- Historian James Harris says Russian archives show we’ve misunderstood Stalin
- The Invisible Labor of Women’s Studies
- Lincoln University historian mourns decision to abolish the history major
- Hamilton College conservative historian questions diversity requirement
- Historians on Donald Trump: A Huge Hit on Facebook