Submariners led D-Day invasion after spending five days on seabed just yards from Nazi gunsBreaking News
A crack team of ten commandos who lead a secret underwater mission ahead of the D-Day invasions are to be honoured for the first time.
The ten elite troops spent five days underwater in tiny crafts as they lay in wait on the seabed ahead before the invasion of Normandy in 1944.
Their task was to spy from their 'X-crafts' on Nazi troops before guiding Allied forces across the treacherous rocky shoreline....
comments powered by Disqus
- Black Delegates at GOP Convention at Lowest Level in History
- Richard Moe calls on Obama to make Utah's Bears Ears a national monument. Bears Ears?
- What History Says About Donald Trump’s Convention Speech
- Rep. Steve King doubles down on white supremacy claim
- Does Melania Trump know what plagiarism is?
- Daniel Pipes: “Why I Just Quit the Republican Party"
- Jill Lepore attended the GOP convention
- Ramsay Cook died in Toronto on July 14, after a brief battle with pancreatic cancer
- Adam Hochschild says he met the ghosts of his own work at a recent visit to the multiplex
- Colleges are implored to teach their own history