U.S. court bid for tapes linking Gerry Adams to IRA murder squadsBreaking News
Prosecutors in the U.S. are demanding that a university hands over to Britain taped interviews in which former IRA members purportedly accuse Gerry Adams of running a secret death squad.
Researchers on an oral history project for Boston College obtained the testimonies from two convicted IRA terrorists between 2001 and 2006.
Adams, president of Sinn Fein, has always denied being an IRA member, let alone heading a unit which – in kidnapping, torturing and killing suspected informants – carried out some of its most brutal acts....
comments powered by Disqus
- Rubio Surges Into Second In New Hampshire
- Branstad Says Cruz Ran ‘Unethical’ Campaign
- Christie Highlights Santorum’s Endorsement of Rubio
- Portman Comes Out Against Trade Deal
- Megyn Kelly Gets a Book Deal
- A Big List of the Bad Things Clinton Has Done
- An Unambiguous Sign Sanders Won Last Night’s Debate
- Still Friends at the End
- Quote of the Day
- Trump Still Leads as Clinton Slips
- Clinton Can’t Shake Image as Wall Street’s Friend
- Maddow Doesn’t See Sanders Winning
- Why Does the Media Still Shield Chelsea Clinton?
- Bush Jokes His Mother May Have Abused Him
- Rubio Closes the Gap in New Hampshire
- Mary Beard, herself a bestselling author, wonders why more women historians aren't
- Princeton U. historian Imani Perry claims mistreatment in parking ticket arrest
- Retired historian George Dennison remains on the payroll at the U. of Montana while faculty are cut
- The Atlantic profiles exciting ways to teach history
- LDS Church has gone from 0 to 4 historians specializing in women’s history