Jamaicans would have been better off British - pollBreaking News
A survey for a Jamaican newspaper suggests most islanders believe the country would have been better off if it had remained a British colony.
The poll, commissioned by The Gleaner, found that 60% of respondents backed this view. But 17% disagreed.
A thousand people took part in the survey, out of a population of 2.7m. The poll has a reported margin of error of plus or minus 4%.
Jamaica is due to celebrate 50 years of independence next year.
It is not clear what main reasons the respondents had for their choices.
comments powered by Disqus
- Call to help Moroccan historian Maâti Monjib, who has been on hunger strike since 6 October 2015
- Charles Gillispie, trailblazer in the history of science, dies at 97
- NYT History Book Reviews: Who Got Noticed this Week?
- NC student’s senior thesis selected as top paper sheds light on little-known victory over Jim Crow
- Historian Who Probed Austria’s Nazi Past Begins Sentence for Defrauding State