Israel holds billions worth of Holocaust victims' property
The custodian general said that besides the real estate some 500 other assets of survivors are in his custody, including money and valuables. In addition, some 3,500 accounts in Israeli banks that were owned by Holocaust victims have been handed over to the Custodian General's Office since the establishment of the state.
comments powered by Disqus
- David Hackett Fischer wins $100,000 prize for lifetime achievement in military writing
- Russian historian slams Putin
- Historians and archivists say the NY Public Library no longer functions as a world-class research library
- WaPo chastised for ignoring Venona Papers in obit for Allen Weinstein
- In gay marriage decision, Supreme Court turns to historians for insight