Israel holds billions worth of Holocaust victims' property
The custodian general said that besides the real estate some 500 other assets of survivors are in his custody, including money and valuables. In addition, some 3,500 accounts in Israeli banks that were owned by Holocaust victims have been handed over to the Custodian General's Office since the establishment of the state.
comments powered by Disqus
- Raleigh Trevelyan, Chronicler of a Notable Family, Dies at 91
- Former spokesman of B.C. anti-immigration group wants UBC history prof fired
- Harvard's Steven Shapin Wins History of Science Award
- Middle East Studies Association Fights a Rising Tide of Critics
- Juan Cole says the postwar Middle East governments were modeled on the Soviet Union, though not communist (interview)