Chuck Berry Statue Met With Controversy
Yahoo News is reporting that an eight-foot statue of rock and roll pioneer Chuck Berry was approved on Monday over the opposition of some local residents, including one who said the Hall of Fame singer/songwriter should not be honored because he is a "felon and not a friend of women."
The University City council, which has jurisdiction over the spot where the statue is to be installed, rejected a last-minute petition drive by opponents, who gathered 100 signatures in a bid to block or delay the statue....
comments powered by Disqus
- History will be trailing Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe during his visit to the United States.
- Former foes honour Gallipoli's fallen on 100th anniversary
- Website exhibit unveiled for the first gay sit-in
- Climate Change Contributed Towards the Collapse of the Maya
- Armenia debuts website devoted to genocide
- How did common people mourn Lincoln after his passing?
- Stanford historian uncovers the dark roots of humanitarianism
- Historian hailed for offering a history of the culture wars
- Scholars to set the West straight about "Apocalyptic Hopes, Millennial Dreams and Global Jihad"
- Why Eugene Genovese’s 2 sentences about Vietnam went viral in 1965