Gritty Tape to Some, Contraband to NASABreaking News
Solved: the case of the missing moon dust.
The United States attorney’s office for eastern Missouri announced Thursday that it had recovered government property stolen more than 40 years ago: a triangular nub of transparent tape an eighth of an inch wide.
Unlike most missing office supplies, this tape was speckled with moon dust brought back by the Apollo 11 astronauts....
The item turned up last month at Regency-Superior, an auction house in St. Louis. The woman who put it up for sale, whose name was not released, told the authorities that her late husband had bought it some years earlier. When she learned of its history, she “immediately and graciously agreed to relinquish it back to the American people,” Mr. Callahan’s office said....
comments powered by Disqus
- Did Salmonella Kill Off the Aztecs?
- Jewish history is under siege in the middle east and these volunteers are risking their lives to protect it
- 'Amazon should stop selling Holocaust denial books'
- National Museum of African American History and Culture Reaches Milestone of 1 Million Visitors
- What Makes a President Great? Clipping? Sipping? Slashing?
- McMaster knows how national security policy can go wrong. Will that help him?
- Historian and Antiwar Activist Marilyn Young Dies at 79
- Trump Chooses Historian H.R. McMaster as National Security Adviser
- Holocaust Historian Deborah Lipstadt Explains Why People Believe Trump's Lies
- Princeton’s Harold James warns World War Three is now a "serious threat”