Machu Picchu artifacts arrive in CuscoBreaking News
The archaeological pieces, taken from Machu Picchu nearly a century ago for research at Yale University, arrived Wednesday morning to Cusco which were received by political, military and religious authorities.
These Inca artifacts landed at Alejandro Velasco Astete airport at around 08.20 hours (13.02 GMT) in an airplane of the Peruvian Air force (FAP) along with Peru’s Culture Minister Juan Ossio.
After unloading the relics from the aircraft, a welcome ceremony was carried out with the attendance of Regional Governor Jorge Acurio, Cusco Provincial Mayor Luis Florez and Machu Picchu District Major Oscar Valencia, among other authorities....
comments powered by Disqus
- Obama May Create Monument to Gay Rights Movement
- China to release last prisoner jailed over Tiananmen Square protests
- Marine Corps investigating photo of iconic flag-raising on Iwo Jima
- Scholars Blast New Study Tracing Ashkenazi Jews to Khazars of Ancient Turkey
- Legendary Explorer’s Long-Lost Ship May Have Been Found Off Rhode Island
- The Historian Whitewashing Ukraine’s Past
- Andrew Roberts wins $250,000 prize from the conservative Bradley Foundation
- Daniel Aaron, Critic and Historian Who Pioneered American Studies, Dies at 103
- Liz Covart's amazingly popular podcast helps her audience understand early American history
- Justus Rosenberg is still teaching at age 95