Machu Picchu artifacts arrive in Cusco
The archaeological pieces, taken from Machu Picchu nearly a century ago for research at Yale University, arrived Wednesday morning to Cusco which were received by political, military and religious authorities.
These Inca artifacts landed at Alejandro Velasco Astete airport at around 08.20 hours (13.02 GMT) in an airplane of the Peruvian Air force (FAP) along with Peru’s Culture Minister Juan Ossio.
After unloading the relics from the aircraft, a welcome ceremony was carried out with the attendance of Regional Governor Jorge Acurio, Cusco Provincial Mayor Luis Florez and Machu Picchu District Major Oscar Valencia, among other authorities....
comments powered by Disqus
- Rare silent Native American movie of 1920s attracting a lot of interest
- Junípero Serra’s Missions Destroyed Entire Native Cultures. And Now He’s Going to Be a Saint.
- Isis destruction of Palmyra's Temple of Bel revealed in satellite images
- Two scholars from UT object to the Texas school's decision to remove the statue of Jefferson Davis
- A history professor explains why Americans are so prone to conspiracy theories
- Now Greg Grandin has come out with a study of Henry Kissinger