Celebrating the Wallace monumentBreaking News
Celebrations are due to be held in Stirling to mark the 150th anniversary of the start of work on the Wallace Monument.
On this day in 1861 more than 100,000 people thronged Stirling and the Abbey Craig as a ceremony took place to lay the foundation stone.
Paid for by public subscription, the monument went over budget and it was eight years before it was opened.
More recently, the Wallace monument has attracted over 130,000 visitors a year....
comments powered by Disqus
- Norma Basch, pioneer in legal history, has died
- National History Day Helps 600,000 Kids Bring the Past to Life
- Finally some good news for history grads
- Historians issue statement in support of European migrants
- Conservative historian Arthur Herman slammed for saying Obama is highly submissive to Putin and other strong leaders