Celebrating the Wallace monumentBreaking News
Celebrations are due to be held in Stirling to mark the 150th anniversary of the start of work on the Wallace Monument.
On this day in 1861 more than 100,000 people thronged Stirling and the Abbey Craig as a ceremony took place to lay the foundation stone.
Paid for by public subscription, the monument went over budget and it was eight years before it was opened.
More recently, the Wallace monument has attracted over 130,000 visitors a year....
comments powered by Disqus
- Craig Shirley says Ted Cruz is right and the Huffington Post wrong about Ronald Reagan’s 1980 Presidential Campaign
- Mystery at Notre Dame: A priest-historian has been forced to back off a project promoting authentic Catholic education
- William & Mary launching a gay history project
- "I teach the largest gay and lesbian history class in the country."
- Another year of declines in history enrollments