Hitler model banned by eBay
An amateur model-maker has been banned from selling tiny figures of Hitler on eBay after the online auction site decided it could be classed as Nazi propaganda.
Philip Fursman has been buying plain models from a UK company, painting them and then selling them on the eBay website for a number of years for a small profit.
But Mr Fursman from Card, Somerset, fell foul of the site's policies when he tried to sell a model of Nazi leader Adolf Hitler.
However, similar models of Osama bin Laden used in war games are allowed.
The 37 year-old father-of-three said he was surprised by the policy because he had recently sold miniature figures of Osama bin Laden and the Taliban on eBay without any problem....
comments powered by Disqus
- Judith Kelleher Schafer, 72, a historian of slavery and prostitution, dies
- Northwestern celebrates Garry Wills with a book in his honor
- Conservatives go after UCLA's historian James Gelvin
- Laura Hillenbrand writes her masterpieces despite suffering from Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- New PBS DVD From Henry Louis Gates Jr. Explores African Influence on the Caribbean