Ryan O’Neal and the missing painting of Farrah Fawcett by Andy WarholBreaking News
The painting of Farrah Fawcett seen hanging over Ryan O'Neal's bed in a reality television show was, for most viewers, a sign of his enduring love for the late actress.
But to beneficiaries of her will it was evidence that O'Neal was in possession of a $30million (£18.8million) Andy Warhol portrait that has not been seen since her death two years ago.
Warhol made two portraits of the actress in 1980, both of which were shown in the documentary Farrah's Story, which charted the Charlie's Angels star's courageous battle with cancer.
Following her death on June 25 2009, at the age of 62, she left her entire collection of paintings to the University of Texas, where she studied art.
However, it only received one of the Warhols.
The university subsequently hired a private investigator to track down missing items from her the collection.
It claims that the first episode of a new reality television show, Ryan & Tatum: The O'Neals, broadcast on The Oprah Winfrey Network last weekend, provided the breakthrough to its whereabouts.
The reality show documents the reconciliation between O'Neal and his daughter Tatum following an eight-year rift.
A painting looking remarkably similar to the missing Warhol appeared in the background at Ryan O'Neal's home in Malibu, California....
comments powered by Disqus
- Donald Trump Is Wrong on Mosul Attack, Military Experts Say
- Emmett Till memorial sign is riddled with bullet holes and has been repeatedly vandalized
- Posthumous pardons law may see Oscar Wilde exonerated
- Has an Election Ever Been Rigged in U.S. History?
- A short history of white people rigging elections
- Steven Runciman — historian, tease and professional enigma — is the subject of a biography
- Historian Eric Foner: Trump is Logical Conclusion of What the GOP Has Been Doing for Decades
- Ken Burns developing 'The Gene' based on Mukherjee's bestseller
- Does the 'Father' of the 1948 Ethnic Cleansing Narrative Really Want to Recant His Words?
- Max Boot wants to know “what the hell happened to my Republican Party?"