Ryan O’Neal and the missing painting of Farrah Fawcett by Andy Warhol
The painting of Farrah Fawcett seen hanging over Ryan O'Neal's bed in a reality television show was, for most viewers, a sign of his enduring love for the late actress.
But to beneficiaries of her will it was evidence that O'Neal was in possession of a $30million (£18.8million) Andy Warhol portrait that has not been seen since her death two years ago.
Warhol made two portraits of the actress in 1980, both of which were shown in the documentary Farrah's Story, which charted the Charlie's Angels star's courageous battle with cancer.
Following her death on June 25 2009, at the age of 62, she left her entire collection of paintings to the University of Texas, where she studied art.
However, it only received one of the Warhols.
The university subsequently hired a private investigator to track down missing items from her the collection.
It claims that the first episode of a new reality television show, Ryan & Tatum: The O'Neals, broadcast on The Oprah Winfrey Network last weekend, provided the breakthrough to its whereabouts.
The reality show documents the reconciliation between O'Neal and his daughter Tatum following an eight-year rift.
A painting looking remarkably similar to the missing Warhol appeared in the background at Ryan O'Neal's home in Malibu, California....
comments powered by Disqus
- New museum in Poland -- the grandest space created since 1989 -- tells the story of the Jews
- Lewinsky mistreated by authorities in investigation of Clinton, report says
- Scientists Say Proof Of Jack The Ripper's Identity Is Fatally Flawed
- Memorial for black Revolutionary War soldiers finds spot on Mall after 30 years
- Sherlock Holmes star to feature in a new movie about Alan Turning
- How Laurel Thatcher Ulrich caught up with the past
- Postal Workers Take on Harvard President, historian Drew Faust
- Symposium held in honor of John D’Emilio
- Thousands of Historic Archives from British Asylums to Go Online
- American Studies Association boycott of Israel: Conservatives say it’s weakening