Google teaming up with British Library to digitize old booksBreaking News
is teaming up with the British Library to digitise 250,000 books, published between 1700 and 1870.
The British Library announced the deal that will involve scanning approximately 40 million pages. The out of copyright books will be available free of charge online via Google Books and the British Library website.
The British Library, located near St Pancreas in London, acts as the national library of the United Kingdom, and is one of the world’s largest libraries, holding over 150 million items (books, manuscripts, newspapers, maps etc) from nearly every country in the world.
comments powered by Disqus
- Thomas Jefferson Wrote What? Carson’s Constitutional Misstep
- Agriculture Linked to DNA Changes in Ancient Europe
- A Century Ago, Einstein’s Theory of Relativity Changed Everything
- At Princeton, Woodrow Wilson, a Heralded Alum, Is Recast as an Intolerant One
- Fact-checking Trump's claim that thousands in New Jersey cheered when World Trade Center tumbled