St Paul's Cathedral emerges from 15-year restoration
The restoration of St Paul's Cathedral cost £40m, took 15 years, and was the first time that Sir Christopher Wren's masterpiece was comprehensively restored inside and out.
Three hundred years after it was declared complete by Parliament, St Paul's Cathedral is once more as resplendent as when it was first built.
The London landmark has been covered in scaffolding on at least one aspect for the past 15 years and today marks the end of a £40m restoration to bring both the interior and exterior back to its former glory....
comments powered by Disqus
- The Capture of the Lindbergh Baby Kidnapper, 80 Years Ago
- Coming Soon, a Century Late: A Black Film Gem
- The discovery that complicated the history of sex change operations
- NYT identifies the person who exposed Gary Hart's philandering
- Decades After Trinity Nuclear Test in New Mexico, U.S. Studies Cancer Fallout