St Paul's Cathedral emerges from 15-year restorationBreaking News
The restoration of St Paul's Cathedral cost £40m, took 15 years, and was the first time that Sir Christopher Wren's masterpiece was comprehensively restored inside and out.
Three hundred years after it was declared complete by Parliament, St Paul's Cathedral is once more as resplendent as when it was first built.
The London landmark has been covered in scaffolding on at least one aspect for the past 15 years and today marks the end of a £40m restoration to bring both the interior and exterior back to its former glory....
comments powered by Disqus
- Pittsburgh native David McCullough's next book will focus on generations of Northwest pioneers
- British historian Sheila Lecoeur is on trial for defamation
- Jim Downs laments that Americans still aren’t being taught LGBT history
- Historian Jeremy Kuzmarov calls on Obama to pardon Ethel Rosenberg
- Garry Wills says there’s one human test we can use to decide who’s the better candidate: Trump or Clinton