St Paul's Cathedral emerges from 15-year restorationBreaking News
The restoration of St Paul's Cathedral cost £40m, took 15 years, and was the first time that Sir Christopher Wren's masterpiece was comprehensively restored inside and out.
Three hundred years after it was declared complete by Parliament, St Paul's Cathedral is once more as resplendent as when it was first built.
The London landmark has been covered in scaffolding on at least one aspect for the past 15 years and today marks the end of a £40m restoration to bring both the interior and exterior back to its former glory....
comments powered by Disqus
- Historian James Harris says Russian archives show we’ve misunderstood Stalin
- The Invisible Labor of Women’s Studies
- Lincoln University historian mourns decision to abolish the history major
- Hamilton College conservative historian questions diversity requirement
- Historians on Donald Trump: A Huge Hit on Facebook