Gandhi's spectacles go missingBreaking News
A pair of round-framed spectacles belonging to Mahatma Gandhi have gone missing from a museum in western India, officials said.
Staff at the Sevagram Ashram, a religious retreat some 47 miles from the city of Nagpur, noticed that the glasses had disappeared as they made preparations to mark the anniversary of its founding.
Gandhi first arrived at the ashram near the town of Wardha, in northeast Maharashtra state, in the mid-1930s. The Quit India resolution calling for independence from the British was passed there in July 1942.
The spectacles were among a number of personal items, including a pen stand and a bathroom brush, on display in a locked show cabinet.
Ashram manager Aakash Lokhande told the Press Trust of India news agency on Monday it was unclear when the spectacles went missing....
comments powered by Disqus
- Rubio Surges Into Second In New Hampshire
- Branstad Says Cruz Ran ‘Unethical’ Campaign
- Christie Highlights Santorum’s Endorsement of Rubio
- Portman Comes Out Against Trade Deal
- Megyn Kelly Gets a Book Deal
- A Big List of the Bad Things Clinton Has Done
- An Unambiguous Sign Sanders Won Last Night’s Debate
- Still Friends at the End
- Quote of the Day
- Trump Still Leads as Clinton Slips
- Clinton Can’t Shake Image as Wall Street’s Friend
- Maddow Doesn’t See Sanders Winning
- Why Does the Media Still Shield Chelsea Clinton?
- Bush Jokes His Mother May Have Abused Him
- Rubio Closes the Gap in New Hampshire
- Transcribed Document: Soviet Politburo Discussed CIA Billion Dollar Spy Adolf Tolkachev
- Pentagon withholds Iraq War photos showing detainee abuse
- These Rebels Have Amassed A Library From Syria’s Ruins
- Was 1916 fire at Canadian Parliament set by German saboteur?
- United Nations Calls On U.S. To Pay African Americans Reparations For Slavery
- Juan Cole says America’s inclination to turn to the military started with Manifest Destiny
- History Jobs Drop
- Paul Krugman gives credence to Robert J. Gordon's pessimism about American economic growth
- Harvard President Drew Faust Condemns Free Tuition Proposal from Outsider Overseers Ticket
- Andrew Roberts says Trump is the Mussolini of America with double the vulgarity