'Hitler's glassware' goes on saleBreaking News
A glassware set purported to originate from Adolf Hitler's Berlin bunker is to go under the hammer at a sale of militaria in Towcester, Northamptonshire, later this month.
The monogrammed drinking glasses, estimated to be worth up to £8,000, will be up for grabs alongside a 12-tonne mobile gun at the auction on June 21.
JP Humbert Auctioneers said the glassware, which has no written provenance, would take centre stage at the sale after being shipped from the United States.
Auctioneer Jonathan Humbert said of the items: "The late owner's son told me that his father only dealt in the finest military collectables and it was his understanding that this glassware came from Hitler's Berlin bunker.
"Certainly the quality is there - the etching is superlative and the mouth and foot of each glass is superbly gilded."
Mr Humbert added: "Whilst there is no written provenance, the fact that the same vendor owned Hitler's sword means that there is every chance that Adolf Hitler himself sipped from these very vessels....
comments powered by Disqus
- Thomas Jefferson Wrote What? Carson’s Constitutional Misstep
- Agriculture Linked to DNA Changes in Ancient Europe
- A Century Ago, Einstein’s Theory of Relativity Changed Everything
- At Princeton, Woodrow Wilson, a Heralded Alum, Is Recast as an Intolerant One
- Fact-checking Trump's claim that thousands in New Jersey cheered when World Trade Center tumbled