'Hitler's glassware' goes on saleBreaking News
A glassware set purported to originate from Adolf Hitler's Berlin bunker is to go under the hammer at a sale of militaria in Towcester, Northamptonshire, later this month.
The monogrammed drinking glasses, estimated to be worth up to £8,000, will be up for grabs alongside a 12-tonne mobile gun at the auction on June 21.
JP Humbert Auctioneers said the glassware, which has no written provenance, would take centre stage at the sale after being shipped from the United States.
Auctioneer Jonathan Humbert said of the items: "The late owner's son told me that his father only dealt in the finest military collectables and it was his understanding that this glassware came from Hitler's Berlin bunker.
"Certainly the quality is there - the etching is superlative and the mouth and foot of each glass is superbly gilded."
Mr Humbert added: "Whilst there is no written provenance, the fact that the same vendor owned Hitler's sword means that there is every chance that Adolf Hitler himself sipped from these very vessels....
comments powered by Disqus
- VW fires corporate historian who drew attention to wartime ties to Nazis
- Trump Recording Narrows Divide on Sexual Assault
- SUNY professor says Trump win at least 87 percent certain; other polls 'bunk'
- Petition Started to Include Clarence Thomas in National African American Museum
- The Racial Politics of Nat Turner Tours
- Garry Wills says there’s one human test we can use to decide who’s the better candidate: Trump or Clinton
- Get to Know the Semifinalists for the National Book Award
- Steven Runciman — historian, tease and professional enigma — is the subject of a biography
- Historian Eric Foner: Trump is Logical Conclusion of What the GOP Has Been Doing for Decades
- Ken Burns developing 'The Gene' based on Mukherjee's bestseller