'Hitler's glassware' goes on saleBreaking News
A glassware set purported to originate from Adolf Hitler's Berlin bunker is to go under the hammer at a sale of militaria in Towcester, Northamptonshire, later this month.
The monogrammed drinking glasses, estimated to be worth up to £8,000, will be up for grabs alongside a 12-tonne mobile gun at the auction on June 21.
JP Humbert Auctioneers said the glassware, which has no written provenance, would take centre stage at the sale after being shipped from the United States.
Auctioneer Jonathan Humbert said of the items: "The late owner's son told me that his father only dealt in the finest military collectables and it was his understanding that this glassware came from Hitler's Berlin bunker.
"Certainly the quality is there - the etching is superlative and the mouth and foot of each glass is superbly gilded."
Mr Humbert added: "Whilst there is no written provenance, the fact that the same vendor owned Hitler's sword means that there is every chance that Adolf Hitler himself sipped from these very vessels....
comments powered by Disqus
- Ben Carson defends linking gun control to the Holocaust
- Secret CIA Report: Pinochet "Personally Ordered" Washington Car-Bombing
- Mike Huckabee’s 1998 Book Is Full Of Fake Quotes From America’s Founders
- Children should be taught about suffering under the British Empire, Jeremy Corbyn says
- Collateral damage: A brief history of U.S. mistakes at war
- NYT History Book Reviews: Who Got Noticed this Week?
- NC student’s senior thesis selected as top paper sheds light on little-known victory over Jim Crow
- Historian Who Probed Austria’s Nazi Past Begins Sentence for Defrauding State
- Daniel Pipes says we should be worried that immigrants don’t share western values
- Nobel Prize in Literature Awarded to journalist Svetlana Alexievich