Peruvian President-elect Humala may pardon FujimoriBreaking News
Peru's President-elect Ollanta Humala says he would pardon former President Alberto Fujimori on humanitarian grounds if his health worsens.
Mr Humala told Peru's El Comercio newspaper that "nobody should die in prison, except people serving life sentences for abusing children".
Fujimori is serving a 25-year sentence for corruption and ordering killings by the security forces.
He has been taken to hospital, suffering bleeding in his mouth.
Doctors fear this might be linked to a recurrence of his tongue cancer.
Mr Fujimori's doctor says he has also lost a lot of weight - some 15kg (33lb) - recently....
comments powered by Disqus
- Now it’s the University of Louisville’s turn to remove a Confederate statue
- A fortress built by Alexander the Great after he conquered Jerusalem has been discovered
- Yale students protest decision to keep Calhoun’s name
- Six maps that will make you rethink the world
- Middle Tenn. State President Wants to Strip Confederate General’s Name From Building
- The historian and cartographer Bill Rankin has developed a new way to visualize slavery
- Paula S. Fass says young Americans need required national service
- Historians are now trying to show that the gay revolution also took place in the midwest
- The Unconference Movement Grows – And Historians Are Taking the Lead
- New appeal to "Bring Back Military History"