9/11 'mastermind' Khalid Sheikh Mohammed charged at Guantánamo BayBreaking News
Military prosecutors have refiled terrorism and murder charges against Khalid Sheikh Mohammed, the accused mastermind of September 11, at Guantánamo Bay.
The charges against Mohammed and four others allege that they were responsible for planning the attacks that sent hijacked commercial airliners into New York's World Trade Center, the Pentagon and a field in Pennsylvania, killing nearly 3,000 people.
Prosecutors have recommended that the trial be a capital case, which could bring the death penalty.
The five men were charged previously in connection with the attacks, but those charges were dropped in 2009 when the Obama administration hoped to close Guantánamo and do away with Bush-era military commissions for trying terror suspects....
comments powered by Disqus
- Veteran Congressman Still Pushing for Reparations in a Divided America
- Hitler's phone, 'the most destructive 'weapon' of all time,' sold for $243,000
- NYT features fascinating story about Ford’s fantasyland in Brazil
- Mark Zuckerberg issues manifesto on the future of Facebook that rests on insights of Israeli historian Yuval Harari
- Migration To Americas Came in Waves, According to Big Data
- Trump Chooses Historian H.R. McMaster as National Security Adviser
- Holocaust Historian Deborah Lipstadt Explains Why People Believe Trump's Lies
- Princeton’s Harold James warns World War Three is now a "serious threat”
- Israeli schools' history lessons create good soldiers, says pundit
- Yuval Noah Harari foresees a god-like future for humans