9/11 'mastermind' Khalid Sheikh Mohammed charged at Guantánamo BayBreaking News
Military prosecutors have refiled terrorism and murder charges against Khalid Sheikh Mohammed, the accused mastermind of September 11, at Guantánamo Bay.
The charges against Mohammed and four others allege that they were responsible for planning the attacks that sent hijacked commercial airliners into New York's World Trade Center, the Pentagon and a field in Pennsylvania, killing nearly 3,000 people.
Prosecutors have recommended that the trial be a capital case, which could bring the death penalty.
The five men were charged previously in connection with the attacks, but those charges were dropped in 2009 when the Obama administration hoped to close Guantánamo and do away with Bush-era military commissions for trying terror suspects....
comments powered by Disqus
- Donald Trump Is Wrong on Mosul Attack, Military Experts Say
- Emmett Till memorial sign is riddled with bullet holes and has been repeatedly vandalized
- Posthumous pardons law may see Oscar Wilde exonerated
- Has an Election Ever Been Rigged in U.S. History?
- A short history of white people rigging elections
- Steven Runciman — historian, tease and professional enigma — is the subject of a biography
- Historian Eric Foner: Trump is Logical Conclusion of What the GOP Has Been Doing for Decades
- Ken Burns developing 'The Gene' based on Mukherjee's bestseller
- Does the 'Father' of the 1948 Ethnic Cleansing Narrative Really Want to Recant His Words?
- Max Boot wants to know “what the hell happened to my Republican Party?"