Ratko Mladic trial: war crimes prosecutors call on Serbia to pinpoint 'protective network'Breaking News
UN war crimes prosecutors have demanded that Serbia identify and arrest the "protective network" that hid Ratko Mladic from justice as allegations that his capture was a "set up" grow.
Serge Brammertz, the chief prosecutor of the International Criminal Tribunal for the former Yugoslavia, said he was waiting for "verifications" of how he had evaded an international manhunt, particularly in the period since 2006.
Hinting at the continued involvement of elements of the Serbian state in hiding Mladic, Mr Brammertz insisted the general's capture would not prevent a critical report on Serbia's record at a meeting of the UN security council on Monday....
comments powered by Disqus
- Ken Burns argues that Vietnam is to blame for much of our current alienation and polarization
- Ilan Pappe says Israel Is Not a Democracy
- Drew Gilpin Faust discusses free speech in Harvard commencement address (video)
- Military Journalist Calls on General McMaster to Step Down—And Let Trump Be Trump
- Historian David Kaiser says the most exciting day of his life was JFK’s election