‘Hitler directed Hess to secure peace with UK’Breaking News
LONDON: It was Nazi dictator Adolf Hitler who actually gave the go-ahead to Rudolf Hess's mission to the UK during World War II to secure peace with Britain's wartime PM Winston Churchill, according to new documents.
History has long recorded that the Nazi number three was acting alone when he piloted a Messerschmitt to Scotland in May 1941. He parachuted out over Renfrewshire but was held by a farmhand with a pitchfork.
Hess was, apparently, trying to contact the Duke of Hamilton to set peace talks with Winston Churchill in motion , which was believed to be under his own initiative only....
comments powered by Disqus
- Black Delegates at GOP Convention at Lowest Level in History
- Richard Moe calls on Obama to make Utah's Bears Ears a national monument. Bears Ears?
- What History Says About Donald Trump’s Convention Speech
- Rep. Steve King doubles down on white supremacy claim
- Does Melania Trump know what plagiarism is?
- Daniel Pipes: “Why I Just Quit the Republican Party"
- Jill Lepore attended the GOP convention
- Ramsay Cook died in Toronto on July 14, after a brief battle with pancreatic cancer
- Adam Hochschild says he met the ghosts of his own work at a recent visit to the multiplex
- Colleges are implored to teach their own history