What took them so long? Fritzl town revokes Hitler's honorary citizenship
The Austrian town where incest monster Josef Fritzl lived has revoked the honorary citizenship of Adolf Hitler.
The town council of Amstetten, 95 miles from Vienna, approved the motion in a bid to banish its ties to the Nazis ahead of its 900-year anniversary.
It comes just three weeks after the council approved plans to tear down Fritzl's house of horrors.
Mayor Herbert Katzengruber said the decision to declare the title 'null and void' was approved by a large majority in the chamber.
But it followed an emotional debate where two council members of the right-wing Freedom Party abstained....
comments powered by Disqus
- Dr. Saad Eskander's forced departure from Iraq's National Library and Archives deplored
- Nancy Cott selected as the next President-Elect of the Organization of American Historians
- Scholar calls ISIS destruction of antiquities an example of ethnic cleansing
- Historian Qingjia Edward Wang never thought he would one day write a book about chopsticks.
- Bernard Bailyn’s influence on the profession is hailed in the WSJ