What took them so long? Fritzl town revokes Hitler's honorary citizenshipBreaking News
The Austrian town where incest monster Josef Fritzl lived has revoked the honorary citizenship of Adolf Hitler.
The town council of Amstetten, 95 miles from Vienna, approved the motion in a bid to banish its ties to the Nazis ahead of its 900-year anniversary.
It comes just three weeks after the council approved plans to tear down Fritzl's house of horrors.
Mayor Herbert Katzengruber said the decision to declare the title 'null and void' was approved by a large majority in the chamber.
But it followed an emotional debate where two council members of the right-wing Freedom Party abstained....
comments powered by Disqus
- Did Salmonella Kill Off the Aztecs?
- Jewish history is under siege in the middle east and these volunteers are risking their lives to protect it
- 'Amazon should stop selling Holocaust denial books'
- National Museum of African American History and Culture Reaches Milestone of 1 Million Visitors
- What Makes a President Great? Clipping? Sipping? Slashing?
- McMaster knows how national security policy can go wrong. Will that help him?
- Historian and Antiwar Activist Marilyn Young Dies at 79
- Trump Chooses Historian H.R. McMaster as National Security Adviser
- Holocaust Historian Deborah Lipstadt Explains Why People Believe Trump's Lies
- Princeton’s Harold James warns World War Three is now a "serious threat”