What took them so long? Fritzl town revokes Hitler's honorary citizenship
The Austrian town where incest monster Josef Fritzl lived has revoked the honorary citizenship of Adolf Hitler.
The town council of Amstetten, 95 miles from Vienna, approved the motion in a bid to banish its ties to the Nazis ahead of its 900-year anniversary.
It comes just three weeks after the council approved plans to tear down Fritzl's house of horrors.
Mayor Herbert Katzengruber said the decision to declare the title 'null and void' was approved by a large majority in the chamber.
But it followed an emotional debate where two council members of the right-wing Freedom Party abstained....
comments powered by Disqus
- Historian says Indian mascots remain popular even at schools that dropped them
- A column by Johns Hopkins historian N. D. B. Connolly causes a firestorm on the website of New York Times
- Garry Wills says the Pope is scaring the dickens out of rich people
- Tufts Prof: Obama Needs to Invite Jesse Jackson to White House
- Hilary Swank will play Emory historian Deborah Lipstadt in upcoming movie