What took them so long? Fritzl town revokes Hitler's honorary citizenship
The Austrian town where incest monster Josef Fritzl lived has revoked the honorary citizenship of Adolf Hitler.
The town council of Amstetten, 95 miles from Vienna, approved the motion in a bid to banish its ties to the Nazis ahead of its 900-year anniversary.
It comes just three weeks after the council approved plans to tear down Fritzl's house of horrors.
Mayor Herbert Katzengruber said the decision to declare the title 'null and void' was approved by a large majority in the chamber.
But it followed an emotional debate where two council members of the right-wing Freedom Party abstained....
comments powered by Disqus
- Black studies professor in the middle of exploding scandal at the University of North Carolina
- 2 conservative groups are leading the fight against the new AP standards
- The secret of successful history departments
- AHA president suggests older historians should consider making way for younger historians
- Niall Ferguson Joins Schwarzman Scholars as Distinguished Visiting Professor in China