What took them so long? Fritzl town revokes Hitler's honorary citizenship
The Austrian town where incest monster Josef Fritzl lived has revoked the honorary citizenship of Adolf Hitler.
The town council of Amstetten, 95 miles from Vienna, approved the motion in a bid to banish its ties to the Nazis ahead of its 900-year anniversary.
It comes just three weeks after the council approved plans to tear down Fritzl's house of horrors.
Mayor Herbert Katzengruber said the decision to declare the title 'null and void' was approved by a large majority in the chamber.
But it followed an emotional debate where two council members of the right-wing Freedom Party abstained....
comments powered by Disqus
- New museum in Poland -- the grandest space created since 1989 -- tells the story of the Jews
- Lewinsky mistreated by authorities in investigation of Clinton, report says
- Scientists Say Proof Of Jack The Ripper's Identity Is Fatally Flawed
- Memorial for black Revolutionary War soldiers finds spot on Mall after 30 years
- Sherlock Holmes star to feature in a new movie about Alan Turning
- How Laurel Thatcher Ulrich caught up with the past
- Postal Workers Take on Harvard President, historian Drew Faust
- Symposium held in honor of John D’Emilio
- Thousands of Historic Archives from British Asylums to Go Online
- American Studies Association boycott of Israel: Conservatives say it’s weakening