Scottish museums 'lack vital expertise'Historians in the News
History professors Tom Devine, Christopher Smout and Michael Lynch, and archaeologist Dr Anna Ritchie - all former trustees of the National Museums of Scotland - say they fear standards will slip without expert advice at a crucial time.
They have now written to the new Scottish Government to make their concerns clear about the make-up of the current museum leadership.
They claim the NMS board, chaired by banker Sir Angus Grossart, now has more financial, managerial and legal clout than academic expertise.
comments powered by Disqus
- Voting opens soon for the leaders of the OAH in 2017
- A team of science historians are attempting to re-create recipes from sixteenth-century alchemy texts
- David Kennedy recalls his dinners with President Obama
- When Kellie Jones Wanted To Study Black Art History, The Field Didn’t Exist. So She Created It Herself.
- Michael Honey: The 60’s activist turned historian