Warsaw stresses: Death camps in Poland were GermanBreaking News
NEW YORK – The consul-general of Poland in New York sent a letter to media organizations on Friday, in the wake of John Demjanjuk’s conviction, to tell the organizations not to describe the Nazi’s Sobibor extermination camp as a “Polish death camp.”
Such an appellation offends “millions of Polish people here in the United States and around the world,” Consul-General Ewa Junczyk-Ziomecka wrote.
The Ukraine-born John Demjanjuk was convicted in Munich on Thursday of complicity in the murder of more than 28,000 Jews while serving at Sobibor in German-occupied Poland....
comments powered by Disqus
- Craig Shirley says Ted Cruz is right and the Huffington Post wrong about Ronald Reagan’s 1980 Presidential Campaign
- Mystery at Notre Dame: A priest-historian has been forced to back off a project promoting authentic Catholic education
- William & Mary launching a gay history project
- "I teach the largest gay and lesbian history class in the country."
- Another year of declines in history enrollments