Warsaw stresses: Death camps in Poland were GermanBreaking News
NEW YORK – The consul-general of Poland in New York sent a letter to media organizations on Friday, in the wake of John Demjanjuk’s conviction, to tell the organizations not to describe the Nazi’s Sobibor extermination camp as a “Polish death camp.”
Such an appellation offends “millions of Polish people here in the United States and around the world,” Consul-General Ewa Junczyk-Ziomecka wrote.
The Ukraine-born John Demjanjuk was convicted in Munich on Thursday of complicity in the murder of more than 28,000 Jews while serving at Sobibor in German-occupied Poland....
comments powered by Disqus
- Steve Fraser says Trump is sui generis
- Yale’s Timothy Snyder denounces the Polish government for sabotaging the Museum of the Second World War
- The Historian Whitewashing Ukraine’s Past
- Andrew Roberts wins $250,000 prize from the conservative Bradley Foundation
- Daniel Aaron, Critic and Historian Who Pioneered American Studies, Dies at 103