Outgoing Secretary of Defense Robert Gates plays a revealing game of word association about the eight presidents he has served underBreaking News
Robert Gates is the ultimate Washington insider. He joined the CIA in 1966 and, except for a hiatus during the Clinton administration, Gates has held one high-level Washington post after another for decades: CIA director, member of the National Security Council, Deputy National Security Adviser, Secretary of Defense (under both George W. Bush AND Barack Obama!)
One fact is obvious: eight U.S. presidents have placed the utmost trust in him.
Now, as his distinguished career inside the beltway draws to a close, Gates gives his unique perspective on men who have occupied the Oval Office. For "60 Minutes Overtime," Katie Couric challenges Gates to play a revealing game of word association, starting with LBJ and ending with Barack Obama. And to our surprise, Gates plays along...
comments powered by Disqus
- At Brandis the Afro-American studies faculty is siding with student protesters
- NYT's Notable Books of 2015: These are the history books that made the cut
- Petition signed by 44,000 to add more female thinkers to the Politics A Level syllabus in the UK
- Most Students Have No Clue What Accurate Native American History Looks Like
- Historians Re-Enter Presidential Studies