Outgoing Secretary of Defense Robert Gates plays a revealing game of word association about the eight presidents he has served underBreaking News
Robert Gates is the ultimate Washington insider. He joined the CIA in 1966 and, except for a hiatus during the Clinton administration, Gates has held one high-level Washington post after another for decades: CIA director, member of the National Security Council, Deputy National Security Adviser, Secretary of Defense (under both George W. Bush AND Barack Obama!)
One fact is obvious: eight U.S. presidents have placed the utmost trust in him.
Now, as his distinguished career inside the beltway draws to a close, Gates gives his unique perspective on men who have occupied the Oval Office. For "60 Minutes Overtime," Katie Couric challenges Gates to play a revealing game of word association, starting with LBJ and ending with Barack Obama. And to our surprise, Gates plays along...
comments powered by Disqus
- A New Target for Old Spies: Congress
- Antigua and Barbuda Asks Harvard University for Slavery Reparations
- Historian: Nixon DID contest the 1960 election
- Killer took selfie after stabbing historian over rare ‘Wind in the Willows’ book
- VW fires corporate historian who drew attention to wartime ties to Nazis
- British historian Sheila Lecoeur is on trial for defamation
- Jim Downs laments that Americans still aren’t being taught LGBT history
- Historian Jeremy Kuzmarov calls on Obama to pardon Ethel Rosenberg
- Garry Wills says there’s one human test we can use to decide who’s the better candidate: Trump or Clinton
- Get to Know the Semifinalists for the National Book Award