Outgoing Secretary of Defense Robert Gates plays a revealing game of word association about the eight presidents he has served underBreaking News
Robert Gates is the ultimate Washington insider. He joined the CIA in 1966 and, except for a hiatus during the Clinton administration, Gates has held one high-level Washington post after another for decades: CIA director, member of the National Security Council, Deputy National Security Adviser, Secretary of Defense (under both George W. Bush AND Barack Obama!)
One fact is obvious: eight U.S. presidents have placed the utmost trust in him.
Now, as his distinguished career inside the beltway draws to a close, Gates gives his unique perspective on men who have occupied the Oval Office. For "60 Minutes Overtime," Katie Couric challenges Gates to play a revealing game of word association, starting with LBJ and ending with Barack Obama. And to our surprise, Gates plays along...
comments powered by Disqus
- Black Delegates at GOP Convention at Lowest Level in History
- Richard Moe calls on Obama to make Utah's Bears Ears a national monument. Bears Ears?
- What History Says About Donald Trump’s Convention Speech
- Rep. Steve King doubles down on white supremacy claim
- Does Melania Trump know what plagiarism is?
- Daniel Pipes: “Why I Just Quit the Republican Party"
- Jill Lepore attended the GOP convention
- Ramsay Cook died in Toronto on July 14, after a brief battle with pancreatic cancer
- Adam Hochschild says he met the ghosts of his own work at a recent visit to the multiplex
- Colleges are implored to teach their own history