Outgoing Secretary of Defense Robert Gates plays a revealing game of word association about the eight presidents he has served under
Robert Gates is the ultimate Washington insider. He joined the CIA in 1966 and, except for a hiatus during the Clinton administration, Gates has held one high-level Washington post after another for decades: CIA director, member of the National Security Council, Deputy National Security Adviser, Secretary of Defense (under both George W. Bush AND Barack Obama!)
One fact is obvious: eight U.S. presidents have placed the utmost trust in him.
Now, as his distinguished career inside the beltway draws to a close, Gates gives his unique perspective on men who have occupied the Oval Office. For "60 Minutes Overtime," Katie Couric challenges Gates to play a revealing game of word association, starting with LBJ and ending with Barack Obama. And to our surprise, Gates plays along...
comments powered by Disqus
- Decades After Trinity Nuclear Test in New Mexico, U.S. Studies Cancer Fallout
- Lawrence Of Arabia's Hand-Drawn, WWI Map Is Up for Auction
- Thousands Of FBI Documents About Civil Rights Era Destroyed By Flooding
- Ancient Egyptian Woman with 70 Hair Extensions Discovered
- Europeans drawn from three ancient 'tribes'
- Conservatives press the case against the new AP framework for US history
- Who wrote the new AP US History framework? Now we know.
- Pro-Israel groups going after federal support of Middle East Studies
- 100th Anniversary of Beard's 'An Economic Interpretation of the Constitution' commemorated
- University of Illinois Bigwig to Native American Studies scholar Jean O’Brien: Drop Dead