After 25 years, how Oprah has changed the way we liveBreaking News
From "aha!" moments to "teachable" moments, in 25 years "The Oprah Winfrey Show" has not just become a part of our popular vernacular, it's shaped our culture. Whether you've tuned in each weekday afternoon or preferred to tune her out, "Lady O" has left her mark.
Here's our list of the top five ways "Oprah" has changed the way we live.
Over the years, Oprah has chronicled every step of her personal weight struggles. Remember the red wagon full of fat she wheeled onstage?
From fasting and fad diets to embracing exercise and lifelong lifestyle changes, Oprah's candidness about issues surrounding weight created a cultural dialog that got us all talking about "living our best life." With countless health tips from Dr. Oz and Bob Greene's frequent weight loss and diet suggestions, "Oprah" has served as the personal training team for legions of followers....
comments powered by Disqus
- Snopes debunks slavery Internet meme
- Revamped Chinese History Journal Welcomes Hard-Line Writers
- Poll: 3 Out of 5 Texan Trump Supporters Want Secession if Hillary Clinton Is Elected
- The Psychiatric Question: Is It Fair to Analyze Donald Trump From Afar?
- Minorities still feel Eugene, Oregon’s historical link to the Ku Klux Klan
- Ernst Nolte, Historian Whose Views on Hitler Caused an Uproar, Dies at 93
- Japan should give formal apology for wartime aggression, says historian
- Historian Benjamin Madley says what whites did to Indians in the 19th century in California was genocide.
- Kevin Baker says America needs to bring back political machines
- Covell Meyskens uses his blog to show what life was like under Mao. (Interview)