After 25 years, how Oprah has changed the way we liveBreaking News
From "aha!" moments to "teachable" moments, in 25 years "The Oprah Winfrey Show" has not just become a part of our popular vernacular, it's shaped our culture. Whether you've tuned in each weekday afternoon or preferred to tune her out, "Lady O" has left her mark.
Here's our list of the top five ways "Oprah" has changed the way we live.
Over the years, Oprah has chronicled every step of her personal weight struggles. Remember the red wagon full of fat she wheeled onstage?
From fasting and fad diets to embracing exercise and lifelong lifestyle changes, Oprah's candidness about issues surrounding weight created a cultural dialog that got us all talking about "living our best life." With countless health tips from Dr. Oz and Bob Greene's frequent weight loss and diet suggestions, "Oprah" has served as the personal training team for legions of followers....
comments powered by Disqus
- Craig Shirley says Ted Cruz is right and the Huffington Post wrong about Ronald Reagan’s 1980 Presidential Campaign
- Mystery at Notre Dame: A priest-historian has been forced to back off a project promoting authentic Catholic education
- William & Mary launching a gay history project
- "I teach the largest gay and lesbian history class in the country."
- Another year of declines in history enrollments