After 25 years, how Oprah has changed the way we live
From "aha!" moments to "teachable" moments, in 25 years "The Oprah Winfrey Show" has not just become a part of our popular vernacular, it's shaped our culture. Whether you've tuned in each weekday afternoon or preferred to tune her out, "Lady O" has left her mark.
Here's our list of the top five ways "Oprah" has changed the way we live.
Over the years, Oprah has chronicled every step of her personal weight struggles. Remember the red wagon full of fat she wheeled onstage?
From fasting and fad diets to embracing exercise and lifelong lifestyle changes, Oprah's candidness about issues surrounding weight created a cultural dialog that got us all talking about "living our best life." With countless health tips from Dr. Oz and Bob Greene's frequent weight loss and diet suggestions, "Oprah" has served as the personal training team for legions of followers....
comments powered by Disqus
- Coming Soon, a Century Late: A Black Film Gem
- The discovery that complicated the history of sex change operations
- NYT identifies the person who exposed Gary Hart's philandering
- Decades After Trinity Nuclear Test in New Mexico, U.S. Studies Cancer Fallout
- Lawrence Of Arabia's Hand-Drawn, WWI Map Is Up for Auction
- Texas Moves To Override New AP History Course
- Conservatives press the case against the new AP framework for US history
- Who wrote the new AP US History framework? Now we know.
- Pro-Israel groups going after federal support of Middle East Studies
- 100th Anniversary of Beard's 'An Economic Interpretation of the Constitution' commemorated