Forbidden City art theft embarrasses Beijing officialsBreaking News
Seven pieces of art have been stolen from the Palace Museum inside Beijing's former imperial palace, the Forbidden City, in the first theft for 20 years.
The stolen items - which were on loan to the museum - include a purse and women's make-up cases.
Police are reported to be looking for a 27-year-old man in connection with the theft.
The valuable items were stolen from one of China's top historical sites in the heart of Beijing.
News reports say the thief got into the complex by knocking a hole in a wall.
The stolen items date from the beginning of the last century and are said to be worth millions of dollars. Some are encrusted with precious stones....
comments powered by Disqus
- Niall Ferguson says it's no surprise Trump's so popular
- Howard Zinn group backs move to "Abolish Columbus Day"
- Ted Widmer appointed director of John W. Kluge Center
- What Historians Are Saying About the First Trump-Clinton Debate
- Princeton professor documents the movement that ended single-sex education at elite schools