Forbidden City art theft embarrasses Beijing officialsBreaking News
Seven pieces of art have been stolen from the Palace Museum inside Beijing's former imperial palace, the Forbidden City, in the first theft for 20 years.
The stolen items - which were on loan to the museum - include a purse and women's make-up cases.
Police are reported to be looking for a 27-year-old man in connection with the theft.
The valuable items were stolen from one of China's top historical sites in the heart of Beijing.
News reports say the thief got into the complex by knocking a hole in a wall.
The stolen items date from the beginning of the last century and are said to be worth millions of dollars. Some are encrusted with precious stones....
comments powered by Disqus
- Black Delegates at GOP Convention at Lowest Level in History
- Richard Moe calls on Obama to make Utah's Bears Ears a national monument. Bears Ears?
- What History Says About Donald Trump’s Convention Speech
- Rep. Steve King doubles down on white supremacy claim
- Does Melania Trump know what plagiarism is?
- Daniel Pipes: “Why I Just Quit the Republican Party"
- Jill Lepore attended the GOP convention
- Ramsay Cook died in Toronto on July 14, after a brief battle with pancreatic cancer
- Adam Hochschild says he met the ghosts of his own work at a recent visit to the multiplex
- Colleges are implored to teach their own history