Israel celebrates its 63rd Independence DayBreaking News
At Mount Herzl in Jerusalem, Israel's national cemetery, Israelis kindled 12 huge torches to signify the start of the holiday marking Israel's 63rd birthday. Soldiers marched in formation, and fireworks lit up skies across the nation on a mild spring evening.
Speaking at the ceremony, Israeli Parliament Speaker Reuven Rivlin noted that deep divisions exist within Israeli society over political and social issues. He complained that over the past year, there have been many attempts by groups to silence their opponents. "Neither side, right or left, is deserving of boycott," he said. "No ethnic group is deserving of shunning." ..........
comments powered by Disqus
- The First Time a Plane Was Bombed
- Female World War II Pilots Can Now Have Their Ashes at Arlington National Cemetery
- Obama Signs Bill Removing ‘Negro,’ ‘Oriental’ from Federal Laws
- ISIS Destroys Ancient Adad & Mashki Gates in Nineveh, Iraq
- Geographical names with “Jim Crow” are history in this state
- Timothy Garton Ash Puts Forth a Free-Speech Manifesto
- Iowa historian makes independent bid for US Senate
- British feminist historian declines prestigious Israeli award following BDS pressure
- Robert W. Gutman, Biographer of Wagner and Mozart, Dies at 90
- Greg O’Malley’s go-to slave trade database will soon show more than the path the ships took from Africa to the New World