Elvis falls from top-1,000 US baby name listBreaking News
The name Elvis was not among the top 1,000 US baby names in 2010, the first year it had not made the list since 1954, the US government said.
Jacob and Isabella topped the list for the second year in a row, the Social Security Administration said.
And Aiden was the only new name among the top 10 for either gender.
Tiana - the name of the main character in the 2009 Disney movie The Princess and the Frog - was one of the biggest gainers, the agency said on Thursday.
Names that were popular in the early to mid-20th Century - Isabella, Ava and Chloe - have made a resurgence in recent years, suggesting mothers are naming babies after their own grandmothers, the Social Security Administration said....
comments powered by Disqus
- Historian Allan Lichtman who’s predicted 30 years of presidential elections correctly is doubling down on a Trump win
- National Book Award semifinalist Heather Ann Thompson says the war on crime started with LBJ
- David McCullough's next book will focus on generations of Northwest pioneers
- British historian Sheila Lecoeur is on trial for defamation
- Jim Downs laments that Americans still aren’t being taught LGBT history