Elvis falls from top-1,000 US baby name list
The name Elvis was not among the top 1,000 US baby names in 2010, the first year it had not made the list since 1954, the US government said.
Jacob and Isabella topped the list for the second year in a row, the Social Security Administration said.
And Aiden was the only new name among the top 10 for either gender.
Tiana - the name of the main character in the 2009 Disney movie The Princess and the Frog - was one of the biggest gainers, the agency said on Thursday.
Names that were popular in the early to mid-20th Century - Isabella, Ava and Chloe - have made a resurgence in recent years, suggesting mothers are naming babies after their own grandmothers, the Social Security Administration said....
comments powered by Disqus
- Harvard's Steven Shapin Wins History of Science Award
- Middle East Studies Association Fights a Rising Tide of Critics
- Juan Cole says the postwar Middle East governments were modeled on the Soviet Union, though not communist (interview)
- Ted Widmer picks the 5 best presidential books worth reading
- AHA backs California's LGBT History law