Elvis falls from top-1,000 US baby name listBreaking News
The name Elvis was not among the top 1,000 US baby names in 2010, the first year it had not made the list since 1954, the US government said.
Jacob and Isabella topped the list for the second year in a row, the Social Security Administration said.
And Aiden was the only new name among the top 10 for either gender.
Tiana - the name of the main character in the 2009 Disney movie The Princess and the Frog - was one of the biggest gainers, the agency said on Thursday.
Names that were popular in the early to mid-20th Century - Isabella, Ava and Chloe - have made a resurgence in recent years, suggesting mothers are naming babies after their own grandmothers, the Social Security Administration said....
comments powered by Disqus
- Miami’s Watergate mystery man at heart of newly revealed CIA report
- The Anthropocene epoch: scientists declare dawn of human-influenced age
- ‘No Vacancies’ for Blacks: How Donald Trump Got His Start, and Was First Accused of Bias
- New Yorker profiles activist who's drawing attention to lynchings
- Wisconsin GOP senator wants to replace history professors with Ken Burns videos
- OAH President Nancy Cott says the Library of Congress is being politicized
- NYT publishes historians' plea for the revival of political history
- Some Ohio University professors ditch the textbooks, and the prices
- Renowned Israeli Holocaust Historian: ‘If I Were a British Jew, I’d Be Worried’
- Heather Ann Thompson pries loose the long-kept secrets of Attica in her new book