9/11 Memorial to Display the Victims' Names
This September names will be unveiled at the National September 11th Memorial in New York City. The names of those killed in 1993. The names of those killed at the Pentagon, in Pennsylvania and at the Twin Towers themselves will line the pools that mark the buildings footprints.
It isn’t an uncommon way to memorialize those we lose too soon. The Vietnam Memorial and The National Law Enforcement Memorial in Washington DC as well as the Fallen Fire Fighter Memorial in Colorado all list the names of those who have sacrificed their lives for us.
The memorial received over 1200 adjacency requests and Daniels says they were able to grant them all.
Within the panels names are grouped with the companies where they worked. The passengers on flights are together. And the first responders are also listed by their agency and unit. ........
comments powered by Disqus
- ‘Bite-sized’ history textbooks used in the UK accused of ‘dumbing down’ the subject: should we be worried?
- Tut’s beard glued back on like a bad craft project
- Smithsonian working to finalize deal for new site in London
- The voices of Auschwitz
- What countries teach children about the Holocaust varies hugely
- From his perch in Saudi Arabia, Princeton’s Mark Cohen says Jews and Muslims should remember they used to get along
- Duke honors historian John Hope Franklin with year-long series of events
- What New Left History Gave Us
- Marcus Borg, Liberal Christian Scholar, Dies at 72
- Richard Hofstadter’s insights into the "paranoid style in American politics” lauded in the NYT