Australia and New Zealand mark Anzac DayBreaking News
Australians and New Zealanders are marking Anzac Day to remember those who died fighting for their country.
The Anzacs were the Australian and New Zealand Army Corps who suffered huge losses at Gallipoli in Turkey in a failed allied assault in 1915.
New Zealand PM John Key has made an address in the UK, while his Australian counterpart, Julia Gillard, is taking part in a ceremony in South Korea.
Anzac Day has become one of the most revered occasions in both countries.....
comments powered by Disqus
- This Man Spent 25 Years Documenting Every Day of Hitler's Life
- Anti-Gay, Pro-Creationism Birther Won’t Be Deciding What Textbooks Your Kids Read
- What About Us, Nagasaki Asks, as Obama’s Hiroshima Trip Nears
- Korean Survivors of Atomic Bombs Renew Fight for Recognition, and Apology
- African American museum’s fundraising touches deep history among donors