Black history is our history
That applies to the conference, the content, the organization, and the extremely humble Ed Diaz.
Black history in the Pacific Northwest has rarely been as visible as in other parts of the country, but the Association for African American Historical Research and Preservation’s conference held at the Northwest African American Museum proved over and over that black history is American history. Saturday’s conference theme was, "Black History at Home and Abroad: Uncovering the Past." There was plenty to uncover....
comments powered by Disqus
John a Wilson - 2/12/2011
I don't have a problem with the premise of a shared American history across all lines. I do, however, contend that Black political leadership prefers separation of the races and the definition of a Black History month is the leading example of their desire to be apart from America.
- Scientists Say Proof Of Jack The Ripper's Identity Is Fatally Flawed
- Memorial for black Revolutionary War soldiers finds spot on Mall after 30 years
- Sherlock Holmes star to feature in a new movie about Alan Turning
- Man’s Genome From 45,000 Years Ago Is Reconstructed
- This company claims its video games about the French Revolution are accurate