Nobel Peace Prize: Liu Xiaobo's missing speechBreaking News
In it he compares modern China to T.S.Eliot's The Waste Land and says: "A nation, ignoring its youth and children, can build all the skyscrapers it wants, but in fact is only using its cloud-capped rise to decorate hell.".
The speech, given two years ago when he was awarded the Contemporary Chinese Contribution award, has only ever been released once, in an illegal Chinese magazine, and a copy was provided exclusively to The Daily Telegraph.
He gave it just six months before releasing Charter '08, a petition initially signed by 350 Chinese intellectuals calling for measured political reform in China. Mr Liu was arrested hours before Charter '08 was released on to the internet and is now serving an eleven year sentence for "inciting subversion"....
comments powered by Disqus
Jay Henry Janson - 12/24/2010
What China Daily Newspaper Has Been Saying Re Liu Xiaobo's Nobel Prize
Words by Liu Xiaobo you won't hear on CNN, ABC, NBC, CBS, FOX or PBS. Like, "After undergoing a hundred years of colonial rule, Hong Kong has become what it is now. The mainland is so big that it certainly needs 300-years of colonization by the West to achieve Hong Kong's progress." "I even doubt 300 years are enough, Chinese people lack creativity, [they] plotted, directed and appreciated all the tragedies themselves"
published OpEdNews Saturday, December 11, 2010
- Rubio Surges Into Second In New Hampshire
- Branstad Says Cruz Ran ‘Unethical’ Campaign
- Christie Highlights Santorum’s Endorsement of Rubio
- Portman Comes Out Against Trade Deal
- Megyn Kelly Gets a Book Deal
- A Big List of the Bad Things Clinton Has Done
- An Unambiguous Sign Sanders Won Last Night’s Debate
- Still Friends at the End
- Quote of the Day
- Trump Still Leads as Clinton Slips
- Clinton Can’t Shake Image as Wall Street’s Friend
- Maddow Doesn’t See Sanders Winning
- Why Does the Media Still Shield Chelsea Clinton?
- Bush Jokes His Mother May Have Abused Him
- Rubio Closes the Gap in New Hampshire
- Transcribed Document: Soviet Politburo Discussed CIA Billion Dollar Spy Adolf Tolkachev
- Pentagon withholds Iraq War photos showing detainee abuse
- These Rebels Have Amassed A Library From Syria’s Ruins
- Was 1916 fire at Canadian Parliament set by German saboteur?
- United Nations Calls On U.S. To Pay African Americans Reparations For Slavery
- Juan Cole says America’s inclination to turn to the military started with Manifest Destiny
- History Jobs Drop
- Paul Krugman gives credence to Robert J. Gordon's pessimism about American economic growth
- Harvard President Drew Faust Condemns Free Tuition Proposal from Outsider Overseers Ticket
- Andrew Roberts says Trump is the Mussolini of America with double the vulgarity