No Casino Gettysburg Releases New Celebrity Interviews with Music from Saving Private Ryan
GETTYSBURG, Pa., Dec. 6, 2010 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Award-winning filmmaker Ken Burns, two-time Pulitzer Prize-winning author David McCullough, President Eisenhower's granddaughter Susan Eisenhower and Medal of Honor recipient Paul W. Bucha discuss their heartfelt objections to the proposed Gettysburg casino (1/2 mile from the Gettysburg National Military Park) in four emotional videos just released from No Casino Gettysburg and the Civil War Preservation Trust.
The musical accompaniment is from composer John Williams' powerful musical score for Steven Spielberg's 11-time Oscar-nominated film, Saving Private Ryan.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4UmIdXEEQmY Burns (3:35)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmdR8DpMz8k McCullough (3:10)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_ZFyh4oaF4 Eisenhower (3:25)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8UX2SCVQXeE Bucha (2:52)
Excerpts from the original soundtrack recording of Saving Private Ryan are being used with permission from five-time Academy Award-winning composer John Williams, DreamWorks Pictures, Paramount Pictures, members of the Boston Symphony Orchestra, and members of the Boston Musicians' Association. Williams has contributed the music for all No Casino Gettysburg videos and commercials this year....
comments powered by Disqus
- WWII Atomic Bomb Project Had More Than 1,500 “Leaks”
- Neanderthal 'Art' Found In Cave Sheds Surprising New Light On Ancient Intelligence
- Midterm Election Mind-Reading: The Market Tends to Win
- Proof surfaces for affair between Queen Victoria and her male assistant
- Could humans cause another Paleocene-Eocene Thermal Maximum?
- Pro-Israel website chides Middle East Studies professors, claiming they’re apologists for Hamas
- UCLA Economist, Known as Railroad Historian, Dies at 89
- David Rosand, an Art History Scholar Whose Heart Was in Venice, Dies at 75
- NYT interviews Rick Perlstein about his book
- OAH issues a statement in support of the AP standards