No Casino Gettysburg Releases New Celebrity Interviews with Music from Saving Private Ryan
GETTYSBURG, Pa., Dec. 6, 2010 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Award-winning filmmaker Ken Burns, two-time Pulitzer Prize-winning author David McCullough, President Eisenhower's granddaughter Susan Eisenhower and Medal of Honor recipient Paul W. Bucha discuss their heartfelt objections to the proposed Gettysburg casino (1/2 mile from the Gettysburg National Military Park) in four emotional videos just released from No Casino Gettysburg and the Civil War Preservation Trust.
The musical accompaniment is from composer John Williams' powerful musical score for Steven Spielberg's 11-time Oscar-nominated film, Saving Private Ryan.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4UmIdXEEQmY Burns (3:35)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmdR8DpMz8k McCullough (3:10)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_ZFyh4oaF4 Eisenhower (3:25)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8UX2SCVQXeE Bucha (2:52)
Excerpts from the original soundtrack recording of Saving Private Ryan are being used with permission from five-time Academy Award-winning composer John Williams, DreamWorks Pictures, Paramount Pictures, members of the Boston Symphony Orchestra, and members of the Boston Musicians' Association. Williams has contributed the music for all No Casino Gettysburg videos and commercials this year....
comments powered by Disqus
- Coming Soon, a Century Late: A Black Film Gem
- The discovery that complicated the history of sex change operations
- NYT identifies the person who exposed Gary Hart's philandering
- Decades After Trinity Nuclear Test in New Mexico, U.S. Studies Cancer Fallout
- Lawrence Of Arabia's Hand-Drawn, WWI Map Is Up for Auction
- Ken Burns and the Myth of Theodore Roosevelt
- What Ken Burns Doesn't Understand about the Roosevelts
- A call for historians to do macro history
- Colorado school board, worried about the new AP framework, wants to make sure high school kids are taught patriotic history
- Professor premieres animated short on Pueblo revolt on PBS