Right-wing publisher rehabilitates Lindbergh, says SalonBreaking News
The influential conservative publishing house Regnery has just released a book that argues, contrary to popular belief, that aviator and political leader Charles Lindbergh was neither anti-semitic nor pro-German, but rather was the victim of an unfounded smear campaign by President Franklin D. Roosevelt.
According to promotional material, the book,"Lindbergh vs. Roosevelt: The Rivalry That Divided America" by James Duffy, argues that Lindbergh was the target of a"vicious personal vendetta by President Roosevelt" that"blighted his reputation forever." FDR's campaign, the book argues, also amounted to a"modern-day playbook for the Left and their attack on those who speak out against them."
We can't fully judge the book until we've read it. But the book jacket explicitly says:
This groundbreaking book reveals: ... Why the popular belief that Lindbergh was an anti–Semite is absolutely wrong
comments powered by Disqus
- Snopes debunks slavery Internet meme
- Revamped Chinese History Journal Welcomes Hard-Line Writers
- Poll: 3 Out of 5 Texan Trump Supporters Want Secession if Hillary Clinton Is Elected
- The Psychiatric Question: Is It Fair to Analyze Donald Trump From Afar?
- Minorities still feel Eugene, Oregon’s historical link to the Ku Klux Klan
- Ernst Nolte, Historian Whose Views on Hitler Caused an Uproar, Dies at 93
- Japan should give formal apology for wartime aggression, says historian
- Kevin Baker says America needs to bring back political machines
- Covell Meyskens uses his blog to show what life was like under Mao. (Interview)