Most Tea Partiers call America a Christian nation, study finds
More than half of self-identified Tea Party members say America is a Christian nation, while just over four out of 10 white evangelicals believe that - the same as the proportion of the general population that says so.
The details come from the American Values Survey, released Tuesday by the Public Religion Research Institute.
Some findings from the telephone survey of more than 3,000 Americans confirm the conventional wisdom....
comments powered by Disqus
Greg L Reinders - 10/6/2010
Unfortunatly there exists all sorts of data showing this is another whish statement of the Tea Party folks. Recently polls show members the various sects do not know what their religion believes. The Tea Party seems believe its wishes are facts. I think it is scary to think these ideas seem to picked up traction, with a gullible part of the public.
- Coming Soon, a Century Late: A Black Film Gem
- The discovery that complicated the history of sex change operations
- NYT identifies the person who exposed Gary Hart's philandering
- Decades After Trinity Nuclear Test in New Mexico, U.S. Studies Cancer Fallout
- Lawrence Of Arabia's Hand-Drawn, WWI Map Is Up for Auction
- Ken Burns and the Myth of Theodore Roosevelt
- What Ken Burns Doesn't Understand about the Roosevelts
- A call for historians to do macro history
- Colorado school board, worried about the new AP framework, wants to make sure high school kids are taught patriotic history
- Professor premieres animated short on Pueblo revolt on PBS