Archaeologists Discover "the Bulgarian Machu Picchu"
Called “the Bulgarian Machu Picchu” by Bulgarian archaeologists because of the similarities in the two ancient cities’ organization, the site is located at 1,200 metres above sea level in the Kozi Gramadi mount, close to the resort town of Hisar in the outskirts of the Sredna Gora mountain range.
“The residence of the Odrysian kings is a monument unrivaled in scope in Southeastern Europe. I am convinced there is no other fortress-sanctuary dating back to the fourth-fifth centuries BC which is so well-preserved,” Dr. Ivan Hristov, head of the archaeological team and Deputy Director of the Bulgarian National History Museum, told national media.
Archaeologists believe the construction of the residence was started by the Thracian ruler Cotys I (384 BC - 359 BC).
The team led by Dr. Hristov has uncovered the remains of the palace of the Odrysian kings Amatokos II (359 BC - 351 BC) and Teres II (351 BC - 342 BC)....
comments powered by Disqus
polaris huang - 7/23/2010
cheap Ghd Mk4
Louis Vuitton Louis Vuitton is a French history, the most outstanding designer of leather goods.
In Paris in 1854 opened his own name the first luggage store.
A century later, Louis Vuitton luggage and leather goods in the field to become one of the best brands, and become a symbol of high society.
Cheap GHD Straighteners On Sale
Today, the brand Louis Vuitton has not just design and sell high-end leather goods and luggage, but to become involved in fashion, accessories, shoes, bags, jewelry, watches, media, wines and other large areas of the trend indicators.
- Most Millennials Resist the ‘Millennial’ Label
- Isis profits from destruction of antiquities by selling relics to dealers – and then blowing up the buildings they come from to conceal the evidence of looting
- China military parade commemorates WW2 victory over Japan
- New documentary explores the legacy of the 5,000 Rosenwald schools set up by a Sears magnate and Booker T. Washington
- Rare silent Native American movie of 1920s attracting a lot of interest
- Historian Evelyn Brooks Higginbotham wins National Humanities Medal
- AHA President Vicki L. Ruiz named National Humanities Medalist
- Historians of Color Are Revolutionizing the Narrative of ‘American Exceptionalism’
- Henry VIII voted worst monarch in history
- The Fuhrer style: Historian says press coverage of Hitler’s lavish life fueled his rise to power