Venezuela's Chavez exhumes hero Simon Bolivar's bonesBreaking News
tags: Hugo Chavez, Simon Bolivar
The remains of South American independence hero Simon Bolivar have been exhumed in Venezuela to determine the cause of his death nearly 200 years ago.
Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez ordered Bolivar's tomb be opened because he suspects he was murdered.
Most accounts maintain Bolivar died from tuberculosis in Colombia in 1830.
More than 50 experts including criminal investigators and forensic pathologists have been examining the remains to see if Bolivar was the victim of a conspiracy rather than disease, according to Venezuela's attorney-general, Luisa Ortega Diaz....
comments powered by Disqus
- Norma Basch, pioneer in legal history, has died
- National History Day Helps 600,000 Kids Bring the Past to Life
- Finally some good news for history grads
- Historians issue statement in support of European migrants
- Conservative historian Arthur Herman slammed for saying Obama is highly submissive to Putin and other strong leaders