Venezuela's Chavez exhumes hero Simon Bolivar's bonesBreaking News
tags: Hugo Chavez, Simon Bolivar
The remains of South American independence hero Simon Bolivar have been exhumed in Venezuela to determine the cause of his death nearly 200 years ago.
Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez ordered Bolivar's tomb be opened because he suspects he was murdered.
Most accounts maintain Bolivar died from tuberculosis in Colombia in 1830.
More than 50 experts including criminal investigators and forensic pathologists have been examining the remains to see if Bolivar was the victim of a conspiracy rather than disease, according to Venezuela's attorney-general, Luisa Ortega Diaz....
comments powered by Disqus
- Historian James Harris says Russian archives show we’ve misunderstood Stalin
- The Invisible Labor of Women’s Studies
- Lincoln University historian mourns decision to abolish the history major
- Hamilton College conservative historian questions diversity requirement
- Historians on Donald Trump: A Huge Hit on Facebook