Musical tastes of Nasa's mission control revealedBreaking News
The US space agency plays an array of different music to its spacemen to keep them cheerful during the lonely days and weeks on a mission.
The usually serious ground control play them everything from The Beatles' Here Comes the Sun as the spacemen wake up to Sinatra's Fly Me To The Moon as they set off.
They have also played Walk of Life by Dire Straits as a cosmonaut sets of on a tricky spacewalk and Dean Martin's song Going Back to Houston.
A record of the records played has been published by Nasa's 'Historical Division' tracing songs in space right back to the 1965 US Gemini Mission.
The most recent one played by Houston to a space mission this year was Empire State of Mind by the rapper Jay-Z with Alicia Keys....
comments powered by Disqus
- Rubio Surges Into Second In New Hampshire
- Branstad Says Cruz Ran ‘Unethical’ Campaign
- Christie Highlights Santorum’s Endorsement of Rubio
- Portman Comes Out Against Trade Deal
- Megyn Kelly Gets a Book Deal
- A Big List of the Bad Things Clinton Has Done
- An Unambiguous Sign Sanders Won Last Night’s Debate
- Still Friends at the End
- Quote of the Day
- Trump Still Leads as Clinton Slips
- Clinton Can’t Shake Image as Wall Street’s Friend
- Maddow Doesn’t See Sanders Winning
- Why Does the Media Still Shield Chelsea Clinton?
- Bush Jokes His Mother May Have Abused Him
- Rubio Closes the Gap in New Hampshire
- Transcribed Document: Soviet Politburo Discussed CIA Billion Dollar Spy Adolf Tolkachev
- Pentagon withholds Iraq War photos showing detainee abuse
- These Rebels Have Amassed A Library From Syria’s Ruins
- Was 1916 fire at Canadian Parliament set by German saboteur?
- United Nations Calls On U.S. To Pay African Americans Reparations For Slavery
- Juan Cole says America’s inclination to turn to the military started with Manifest Destiny
- History Jobs Drop
- Paul Krugman gives credence to Robert J. Gordon's pessimism about American economic growth
- Harvard President Drew Faust Condemns Free Tuition Proposal from Outsider Overseers Ticket
- Andrew Roberts says Trump is the Mussolini of America with double the vulgarity