Kennedy mini-series provokes outrage among American liberalsBreaking News
The series will be broadcast on the History Channel and is being created by Joel Surnow, a political conservative who was behind the globally successful drama in which Kiefer Sutherland plays Jack Bauer, a special agent hunting down terrorists.
The History Channel usually screens documentaries and factual reconstructions and "The Kennedys", which will focus on the presidency of John F Kennedy, will be its first venture into the scripted mini-series genre.
A stellar cast has been announced including Katie Holmes, the wife of Tom Cruise, who will play Jacqueline Kennedy, while President Kennedy will be played by Oscar nominee Greg Kinnear. British actor Tom Wilkinson will take on the role of family patriarch Joseph Kennedy.
But after reading early versions of the script some historians and Kennedy confidantes lambasted it.
comments powered by Disqus
- Trump visits the National Museum of African American History and Culture
- New Book Says Bob Woodward Burned Hillary Clinton’s Ghostwriter
- For decades they hid Jefferson’s relationship with her. Now Monticello is making room for Sally Hemings.
- In a Walt Whitman Novel, Lost for 165 Years, Clues to ‘Leaves of Grass’
- Veteran Congressman Still Pushing for Reparations in a Divided America
- Trump Chooses Historian H.R. McMaster as National Security Adviser
- Holocaust Historian Deborah Lipstadt Explains Why People Believe Trump's Lies
- Princeton’s Harold James warns World War Three is now a "serious threat”
- Israeli schools' history lessons create good soldiers, says pundit
- Yuval Noah Harari foresees a god-like future for humans