5 presidents more 'radical' than ObamaBreaking News
The leader of the 1994 Republican Revolution is a smart man and a historian, so he must know better. But he's also exploring a run for president, an action that frequently suspends good judgment in pursuit of sound bites. Perspective is the first thing abandoned in hyper-partisan attacks.
So here is a look at five presidents who, it could be argued, exceed Obama in the "radical" sweepstakes.
• Franklin D. Roosevelt
• John Adams
• Andrew Jackson
comments powered by Disqus
Alan Varagona - 4/15/2010
John P. Avlon is obviously not a historian.
His stated metrics for deciding how radical presidents may be have no consistency. Given this explanation, there is no wonder that he claims that one cannot determine how radical a president is.
- Poorly thought-out and obtusely written commentary.
- Diane Ravitch: The Common Core Costs Billions and Hurts Students
- Israel Historian on King David Hotel Bombing: 'It Was an Act of Terror'
- Daniel Pipes: “Why I Just Quit the Republican Party"
- Jill Lepore attended the GOP convention
- Ramsay Cook died in Toronto on July 14, after a brief battle with pancreatic cancer