Kim Jong-il predicted to die before 2013
Kurt Campbell, the assistant US Secretary of State, told ambassador Kathleen Stephens, a South Korean politician and activists in a closed-door session that he doubted the 68-year-old leader would live beyond 2013, South Korea's Chosun Ilbo newspaper said.
Mr Campbell based his estimate on medical information, the report said, citing unidentified sources.
The estimate comes after a state-run South Korean think tank, the Korea Institute for National Unification, said in a January report that Kim Jong Il probably wouldn't survive past 2012. It cited no specific evidence for the estimate.
The report comes amid speculation that the autocratic leader is preparing to hand power over to one of his sons.
comments powered by Disqus
- Colorado Students Strip Naked in Protest of ‘Censorship’ of AP History Classes
- They should give this definition of History to all first year undergrads on their first day
- Field Report: What I learned by attending a workshop on Korean history
- Historians suggest ways California can integrate gay history into the school curriculum
- Now it’s Andrew Bacevich’s turn to do a MOOC