DNA test traces Hitler's cousin 'Norbert' and 39 other relativesBreaking News
The 46-year-old farmer, thought to be a cousin of the former German dictator, was horrified to learn the blood of the ‘greatest criminal’ is in his veins.
But the man, tracked down by Belgian journalist Jean-Paul Mulders, is not alone.
Mr Mulders, who persuaded the man to take a mouth swab test, says there are as many as 39 others living in the remote Waldviertel region of Austria where he comes from.
The area was home to Hitler’s grandmother, Anna Schicklgruber, father Alois and mother Klara.
After the end of the Second World War, the name Hitler completely vanished as those who bore it had it changed.
Many families there still bear similar names, though, like Hiedler and Huettler.
And it was going through these names in the phone book that Mr Mulders came upon the man related to the Fuehrer.
The journalist had previously garnered some Hitler DNA covertly by taking a serviette dropped by one of three known Hitler descendants who live on Long Island, New York.
One of them, Alexander Stuart-Houston, 61, a grand-nephew of Hitler, was trailed for seven days before the dropped the litter which Mulders said led him to the relation in Austria.
Austria’s magazine News interviewed the man in its edition published today.
Mr Mulders doesn’t say what his relationship to Adolf Hitler was but he is probably a cousin.
Called Norbert H by the publication - not his real name – he is running in a local election for the Austrian People’s Party.
He said he had no reason to doubt the findings of chemist Ralf Vermeulen in his biotech laboratory in Zwjmaarde close to Gent where the DNA matches were made.
But he added: ‘I wish I had never done this. Hitler for me was the biggest criminal of all time - there is no argument about that.
'I did the test without really thinking and regret it now.’
comments powered by Disqus
- Rubio Surges Into Second In New Hampshire
- Branstad Says Cruz Ran ‘Unethical’ Campaign
- Christie Highlights Santorum’s Endorsement of Rubio
- Portman Comes Out Against Trade Deal
- Megyn Kelly Gets a Book Deal
- A Big List of the Bad Things Clinton Has Done
- An Unambiguous Sign Sanders Won Last Night’s Debate
- Still Friends at the End
- Quote of the Day
- Trump Still Leads as Clinton Slips
- Clinton Can’t Shake Image as Wall Street’s Friend
- Maddow Doesn’t See Sanders Winning
- Why Does the Media Still Shield Chelsea Clinton?
- Bush Jokes His Mother May Have Abused Him
- Rubio Closes the Gap in New Hampshire
- Humans Hard-Wired to Teach, Anthropologist Says
- Parents outraged after students shown ‘white guilt’ cartoon for Black History Month
- Maryland is once again considering retiring its state song
- One of the last remaining Nazis goes on trial in Germany
- Inside story finally told of the young US diplomat who cracked the case of the murder of 4 nuns in El Salvador in 1980
- Historian at the center of Sanders-Clinton debate
- James Loewen Says Additional Baltimore Confederate Statues Should be Removed
- NYT History Book Reviews: Who Got Noticed this Week?
- A historian’s advice to students thinking of getting a PhD in a tough economic climate
- German historian Heinz Richter cleared of charges