Gordon Brown: I should have been PM not Tony BlairBreaking News
leader John Smith’s death, and that he had the experience and skills to lead the country.
Mr Brown admitted that he and Mr Blair had fights during Labour’s first 10 years in office and that their relationship was “incredibly difficult”. His remarks confirm the simmering feud that characterised much of the time the pair spent at the top of government.
Mr Brown also admitted that they did concoct a deal, once Mr Blair became Labour leader, for Mr Brown to succeed him as prime minister.
The disclosures come in a very personal interview due to be broadcast at the weekend with the former newspaper editor and now television show host Piers Morgan. Mr Brown talks about his student life, alcohol, his wife Sarah and their children. Mr Brown also speaks movingly about the death of his daughter and his son’s illness.
comments powered by Disqus
- Rubio Surges Into Second In New Hampshire
- Branstad Says Cruz Ran ‘Unethical’ Campaign
- Christie Highlights Santorum’s Endorsement of Rubio
- Portman Comes Out Against Trade Deal
- Megyn Kelly Gets a Book Deal
- A Big List of the Bad Things Clinton Has Done
- An Unambiguous Sign Sanders Won Last Night’s Debate
- Still Friends at the End
- Quote of the Day
- Trump Still Leads as Clinton Slips
- Clinton Can’t Shake Image as Wall Street’s Friend
- Maddow Doesn’t See Sanders Winning
- Why Does the Media Still Shield Chelsea Clinton?
- Bush Jokes His Mother May Have Abused Him
- Rubio Closes the Gap in New Hampshire
- Transcribed Document: Soviet Politburo Discussed CIA Billion Dollar Spy Adolf Tolkachev
- Pentagon withholds Iraq War photos showing detainee abuse
- These Rebels Have Amassed A Library From Syria’s Ruins
- Was 1916 fire at Canadian Parliament set by German saboteur?
- United Nations Calls On U.S. To Pay African Americans Reparations For Slavery
- Juan Cole says America’s inclination to turn to the military started with Manifest Destiny
- History Jobs Drop
- Paul Krugman gives credence to Robert J. Gordon's pessimism about American economic growth
- Harvard President Drew Faust Condemns Free Tuition Proposal from Outsider Overseers Ticket
- Andrew Roberts says Trump is the Mussolini of America with double the vulgarity