'Biblical' references to be removed from guns
The Ministry of Defence has ordered 400 advanced combat optical gunfights (ACOGs) from US-based Trijicon but yesterday it emerged that they are routinely marked with the characters JN8:12, a reference to the book of John, chapter 8, verse 12.
Trijicon, which has used Biblical references for more than 20 years, said today that it had agreed to stop marking equipment for the US military and would make the same offer to military forces abroad.
It is also offering modification kits to forces free of charge to enable the references to be removed from any equipment which is currently deployed.
A statement from Trijicon, based in Michigan, said the offer was made in response to concerns voiced by the US Department of Defence and would take effect immediately.
comments powered by Disqus
- National Security Archive Sues State Department Over Kissinger Telephone Messages
- White House March to stop ISIS from destroying what remains of Mesopotamian Civilization
- Scholars, Writers and Thinkers Call for Academic Freedom in Thailand
- Stanford’s Ian Morris says technology is changing the human animal
- Yale historian traces the establishment of slavery plantations to a taste for sugar