Oliver Stone suggests Hitler is 'easy scapegoat'
Stone, who has previously been accused of promoting conspiracy theories and glorifying violence in his films, has made a new documentary series which he says will place historical figures including Hitler and Stalin "in context".
In the trailer for "The Secret History of America" the director says: "You cannot approach history unless you have empathy for the person you may hate."...
Stone said he did not want to make an "easy" history programme and talked about trying to understand people he despises. His series will aim to uncover little reported facts that shaped the modern United States.
comments powered by Disqus
Christopher John Ward - 1/16/2010
This explains a great deal. Stone is a beneficiary of Pat Buchanan.
Hawley Stevens - 1/16/2010
Looking to Oliver Stone for the truth? Now there's an oxymoron to rival "miltary intelligence."
Jennifer Ilyssa Sims - 1/14/2010
Based on your article, it seems as if you have seen a trailer for this documentary by Oliver Stone. Is there any way you can share a link to the video? That would be greatly appreciated!
- New museum in Poland -- the grandest space created since 1989 -- tells the story of the Jews
- Lewinsky mistreated by authorities in investigation of Clinton, report says
- Scientists Say Proof Of Jack The Ripper's Identity Is Fatally Flawed
- Memorial for black Revolutionary War soldiers finds spot on Mall after 30 years
- Sherlock Holmes star to feature in a new movie about Alan Turning
- How Laurel Thatcher Ulrich caught up with the past
- Postal Workers Take on Harvard President, historian Drew Faust
- Symposium held in honor of John D’Emilio
- Thousands of Historic Archives from British Asylums to Go Online
- American Studies Association boycott of Israel: Conservatives say it’s weakening