Oliver Stone suggests Hitler is 'easy scapegoat'
Stone, who has previously been accused of promoting conspiracy theories and glorifying violence in his films, has made a new documentary series which he says will place historical figures including Hitler and Stalin "in context".
In the trailer for "The Secret History of America" the director says: "You cannot approach history unless you have empathy for the person you may hate."...
Stone said he did not want to make an "easy" history programme and talked about trying to understand people he despises. His series will aim to uncover little reported facts that shaped the modern United States.
comments powered by Disqus
Christopher John Ward - 1/16/2010
This explains a great deal. Stone is a beneficiary of Pat Buchanan.
Hawley Stevens - 1/16/2010
Looking to Oliver Stone for the truth? Now there's an oxymoron to rival "miltary intelligence."
Jennifer Ilyssa Sims - 1/14/2010
Based on your article, it seems as if you have seen a trailer for this documentary by Oliver Stone. Is there any way you can share a link to the video? That would be greatly appreciated!
- Parsing Ronald Reagan’s Words for Early Signs of Alzheimer’s
- Here's a look at history of 'religious freedom' laws
- ‘Hamilton’ Puts Politics Onstage and Politicians in Attendance
- Earth Tectonic Plate Simulation Reveals Our Planet Has Changed A Lot In 200 Million Years
- For G.O.P., Support for Israel Becomes New Litmus Test
- History's Grandin Wins Bancroft Prize for "The Empire of Necessity"
- Nobel prize-winning scientist writes a history of science
- Ken Burns tackles history of cancer
- If historians have their way, Americans will soon learn how important religion has been in US history
- Role-playing history game gets students jazzed