Oliver Stone suggests Hitler is 'easy scapegoat'
Stone, who has previously been accused of promoting conspiracy theories and glorifying violence in his films, has made a new documentary series which he says will place historical figures including Hitler and Stalin "in context".
In the trailer for "The Secret History of America" the director says: "You cannot approach history unless you have empathy for the person you may hate."...
Stone said he did not want to make an "easy" history programme and talked about trying to understand people he despises. His series will aim to uncover little reported facts that shaped the modern United States.
comments powered by Disqus
Christopher John Ward - 1/16/2010
This explains a great deal. Stone is a beneficiary of Pat Buchanan.
Hawley Stevens - 1/16/2010
Looking to Oliver Stone for the truth? Now there's an oxymoron to rival "miltary intelligence."
Jennifer Ilyssa Sims - 1/14/2010
Based on your article, it seems as if you have seen a trailer for this documentary by Oliver Stone. Is there any way you can share a link to the video? That would be greatly appreciated!
- New ISIS video shows militants smashing ancient Iraq artifacts
- How air conditioning helped Ronald Reagan become president
- Mount Vernon uses lasers to scan mansion down to the nail
- Ray Bradbury home's demise has LA re-examining its history
- Alan Turing’s family demands the UK pardon its convicted homosexuals
- German Historian: Rich Greeks Evade Taxes Since 1830
- UK teaching "invented" history as EU propaganda, says Cambridge professor
- The move accelerates to show that black people have a history
- Eric Foner says he insisted on his MOOC on the Civil War being free
- Ellen Schrecker backs “National Adjunct Walkout Day” as a brilliant tactic