Oliver Stone suggests Hitler is 'easy scapegoat'
Stone, who has previously been accused of promoting conspiracy theories and glorifying violence in his films, has made a new documentary series which he says will place historical figures including Hitler and Stalin "in context".
In the trailer for "The Secret History of America" the director says: "You cannot approach history unless you have empathy for the person you may hate."...
Stone said he did not want to make an "easy" history programme and talked about trying to understand people he despises. His series will aim to uncover little reported facts that shaped the modern United States.
comments powered by Disqus
Christopher John Ward - 1/16/2010
This explains a great deal. Stone is a beneficiary of Pat Buchanan.
Hawley Stevens - 1/16/2010
Looking to Oliver Stone for the truth? Now there's an oxymoron to rival "miltary intelligence."
Jennifer Ilyssa Sims - 1/14/2010
Based on your article, it seems as if you have seen a trailer for this documentary by Oliver Stone. Is there any way you can share a link to the video? That would be greatly appreciated!
- King Tutankhamun did not die in chariot crash, virtual autopsy reveals
- Easter Island’s ancient inhabitants weren’t so isolated after all
- Turin shroud was made for medieval Easter ritual, historian says
- Japanese Village Grappling With Wartime Sins Comes Under Attack
- Gestapo Imposter Tricked Nazi Sympathizers in WWII
- Turning West, Historians Take a Wider View of Early America
- History to Launch Online Course for College Credit
- 33.3 million viewers tuned in for 'The Roosevelts' documentary series
- Eric Foner debunks Underground Railroad myth
- Juan Cole claims the Arab Spring is still promising. Doubters say he’s naive.