Oliver Stone suggests Hitler is 'easy scapegoat'
Stone, who has previously been accused of promoting conspiracy theories and glorifying violence in his films, has made a new documentary series which he says will place historical figures including Hitler and Stalin "in context".
In the trailer for "The Secret History of America" the director says: "You cannot approach history unless you have empathy for the person you may hate."...
Stone said he did not want to make an "easy" history programme and talked about trying to understand people he despises. His series will aim to uncover little reported facts that shaped the modern United States.
comments powered by Disqus
Christopher John Ward - 1/16/2010
This explains a great deal. Stone is a beneficiary of Pat Buchanan.
Hawley Stevens - 1/16/2010
Looking to Oliver Stone for the truth? Now there's an oxymoron to rival "miltary intelligence."
Jennifer Ilyssa Sims - 1/14/2010
Based on your article, it seems as if you have seen a trailer for this documentary by Oliver Stone. Is there any way you can share a link to the video? That would be greatly appreciated!
- Film Conjures Era That Some in Selma Would Rather Not Revisit
- White? Black? A Murky Distinction Grows Still Murkier
- The best history books of 2014 – as rated by historians
- High school students now must take a world history class to graduate, new law says
- Newly Released Sandia Labs Film Presents Story of U.S. Nuclear Weapons Safety Effort
- Majors in history earn more than others in the humanities
- The director of Mount Vernon’s library says it’s difficult to pierce the Washington myth (Interview)
- The Unsuspecting Thing Conservative Historian David Barton Did With $1 Million Awarded to Him in Defamation Lawsuit
- Celebrated Holocaust archivist Robert Wolfe dies at age 93
- New Churchill Museum director shares vision