Greece shuts museums as cut backs cause staff shortage
The country, which is mired in recession, has a public spending deficit of 12.7 per cent of GDP and has embarked on a series of measures to rein in spending.
One was to cancel a recruitment drive for 2,584 full-time employees by the ministries of tourism and culture.
The Socialist government released a list of 22 archeological sites and 23 museums that have been totally or partially closed for lack of staff. The National Archeological Museum of Athens, as well as those of Delphi and Sparta, face evening and weekend closures due to lack of security personnel.
comments powered by Disqus
nerriwy wang - 1/14/2010
Prom Dresses 2010 including designer Jovani prom dresses, cheap and affordable prom dresses,
sexy prom dress, wedding, bridesmaid and mother of the bride
Shop prom dresses, formal dresses, prom shoes, 2010 designer prom gowns at PromGirl.
- Evidence of Pre-Columbus Trade Found in Alaska House
- Rwanda Pullout Driven by Clinton White House, U.N. Equivocation
- Centuries of Italian History Are Unearthed in Quest to Fix Toilet
- The U.S. Discovery of Israel's Secret Nuclear Project
- At Auschwitz-Birkenau, Preserving a Site and a Ghastly Inventory