Lawyer for 'Nazi war criminal' John Demjanjuk calls for trial into murder of 27,900 Jews to be suspendedBreaking News
Ulrich Busch told the Munich hearing that German law can't be applied to the case of the Ukrainian-born Demjanjuk.
He also argued that the trial should be suspended because documents from earlier proceedings against his client in the US, Israel and elsewhere weren't given to the defence.
'The defence couldn't be prepared because of the missing documents," Mr Busch told the state court.
The defence team has portrayed Demjanjuk, a retired Ohio car factory worker who was deported from the US in May 2009, as a victim of the Nazis and then of judicial authorities in several countries.
comments powered by Disqus
nerriwy wang - 1/14/2010
Bridal retailer, Wedding dresses,Bridal dresses,Cheap wedding dresses,Inexpensive wedding dresses,
Cheap wedding gowns,Bridal wedding dress,Wedding website
Flower Girl Dresses
Party, Evening and Celebrity dresses – endless selection of styles, colours and the latest celebrity trends in the Goddiva boutique at fantastic prices
Mother Of The Bride Dresses
cheap wedding dresses
Dresses, evening, cocktail, prom dresses, formal gowns from eDressMe. Homecoming dresses and bridesmaid
- Tales of African-American History Found in DNA
- History Celebrates New Show Roots With Project to Digitize Post-Slavery Documents
- In 1453, this Ottoman sultan ended Christian rule in Constantinople. But was he a good Muslim?
- Abraham Lincoln's Emancipation Proclamation among documents sold for $6.2m in New York
- Family shines light on American POW killed by Hiroshima blast
- History Relevance Campaign meets at the Smithsonian
- Bernard Lewis Turns 100
- David Lowenthal, author of "The Past Is a Foreign Country,” says it’s folly to scratch the names of slaveholders off buildings
- Jean Edward Smith, biographer of FDR and Ike, has a new biography coming out … of George W. Bush
- Flora Fraser, biographer of George and Martha Washington, wins $50,000 George Washington Prize