How Richard Nixon wished he could make speeches like ChurchillBreaking News
But it has emerged that the US President was secretly envious of Winston Churchill's way with words and instructed his speechwriters to learn from the former British Prime Minister.
Preparing for an address to the Canadian Parliament in early 1972 the president worried that his rhetoric was so tedious it would cost him politically.
'The speeches I make are to the great credit of the speech writing team generally highly literate, highly responsible and almost invariably dull,' he wrote in a memo to his top aides.
'Now I don't mean to suggest that I should write or sound like Churchill,' Nixon said.
'He is one of those rare birds where God broke the mold when he died. On the other hand, we can at least learn from him.'
comments powered by Disqus
nerriwy wang - 1/14/2010
Bridal retailer, Wedding dresses,Bridal dresses,Cheap wedding dresses,Inexpensive wedding dresses,
Cheap wedding gowns,Bridal wedding dress,Wedding website
Flower Girl Dresses
Party, Evening and Celebrity dresses – endless selection of styles, colours and the latest celebrity trends in the Goddiva boutique at fantastic prices
Mother Of The Bride Dresses
cheap wedding dresses
Dresses, evening, cocktail, prom dresses, formal gowns from eDressMe. Homecoming dresses and bridesmaid
- Unilateral U.S. nuclear pullback in 1991 matched by rapid Soviet cuts
- More Historians Come Out for Trump
- History lesson horrifies parent: Blacks used to have ‘strong work ethic’ during slavery
- Philippines President Compares Himself To Hitler in Anti-Crime Rant
- U.S. Extradites Baltimore Professor to Rwanda to Stand Trial for Genocide