GOP erupts over Reid slavery, segregation remarksBreaking News
Speaking on the floor of the Senate, Reid blasted GOP leaders who have urged Democrats opt for a slower, incremental approach to reform instead of the mega-bill the majority hopes to push through the Senate by Christmas
Reid started by mimicking Republicans whom he claims have said: "'Slow down, stop everything, let's start over."
"You think you've heard these same excuses before? You're right," he continued. "In this country...there were those who dug in their heels and said, 'Slow down, it's too early. Let's wait. Things aren't bad enough' " - about slavery...
comments powered by Disqus
Vernon Clayson - 12/9/2009
If a Republican Senator had said this he would be hounded from office but the Democrat adoring media will slough it off. Harry Reid panders and blunders while kind of leading the Senate but he is far from the lead dog, whatever he believes he's doing he's doing it as a lame duck. He thinks he's Nevada's Robespierre, all moral and noble, but we think he's Charlie McCarthy to Obama's Edgar Bergen without the jokes.
- Documents: U.S. Embassy Tracked Indonesia Mass Murder 1965
- Tufts Project Maps The Landmarks Of Black Boston
- Asp – or ash? Climate historians link Cleopatra's demise to volcanic eruption
- The JFK Document Dump Could Be a Fiasco Say These Two Scholars
- The book Mattis reads to be prepared for war with North Korea
- Digital map helps historians get granular with holocaust research
- Historian Keri Leigh Merritt defends activist scholars
- Historian digs into the hidden world of Mormon finances
- A historian who became a business professor?
- Allan Lichtman's response to critics of his book that makes the case for Trump’s impeachment