English Heritage seeks missing link as Darwin documents go onlineBreaking News
The book, which proved so important for his treatise On the Origin of Species, has been missing since the early Eighties from Down House, Kent, Darwin’s former home and now a museum dedicated to his life and work.
English Heritage, which bought the property on behalf of the nation in 1996, is anxious to locate the original observations to complete a historical document of the scientist’s thoughts during the five years he spent travelling around the world on HMS Beagle.
The Galapagos notes are the only missing items from the collection, which can be read online from today, the 150th anniversary of publication of his groundbreaking theory.
comments powered by Disqus
sell mbt masai shoes - 11/24/2009
The mbt walk shoes is part of mbt usa the new line scarpe mbt of mbt shoes which run slightly narrower, and have a slightly different feel. Women mbt shoes have all the benefits of the other styles like encouraging you to carry your weight more efficiently.This cheap mbt shoes help improve posture, reuce back pain, and alleviate joint pressure. http://www.mbtshoessale.com/
- Obama May Create Monument to Gay Rights Movement
- China to release last prisoner jailed over Tiananmen Square protests
- Marine Corps investigating photo of iconic flag-raising on Iwo Jima
- Scholars Blast New Study Tracing Ashkenazi Jews to Khazars of Ancient Turkey
- Legendary Explorer’s Long-Lost Ship May Have Been Found Off Rhode Island
- The Historian Whitewashing Ukraine’s Past
- Andrew Roberts wins $250,000 prize from the conservative Bradley Foundation
- Daniel Aaron, Critic and Historian Who Pioneered American Studies, Dies at 103
- Liz Covart's amazingly popular podcast helps her audience understand early American history
- Justus Rosenberg is still teaching at age 95